PDA

View Full Version : Z2 Pro WITHOUT using Z1 or ZFX?

imported_COBRyan
05-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Ok, I have a bottle of Z2 Pro and I want to use it on a car tomorrow, but I do not have any Z1 or ZFX. I only want to use one coat so would I be OK without the Z1/ZFX? I was going to completely clay/polish the car and then apply a coat of AIO before the Z2 Pro. Will this work?

I have searched and searched and the only real purpose I see with Z1 is that it cleans the paint and clears out any oils. AIO does that also and since it is used before SG, why couldn`t it be used before Z2? I`ll probably give it a shot and see what happens :eek:

imported_Burlyq
05-21-2005, 01:54 AM
If I was going to try that I would do it w/o AIO. I have tried Pro w/o ZFX and it definetly works better with ZFX. I would use Pro over AIO anytime if I had the ZFX. W/o it I would use Dawn or something that left the surface tacky, and let the Pro dry for a long time, hours!

Mochamanz1
05-21-2005, 02:55 AM
The surface should be clean, clean, clean.... in the past I have used Z2 over AIO with no issues. It is ,of course better to use the ZFX, or Z1 as a base, but AIO will do in a pinch. A coat of AIO, IMO is clean enough... And bonding will occur, how durable it winds up ? I dont know...

imported_Billfold
05-21-2005, 08:55 AM
I believe the directions for Zaino say that on the first application of Z2 you must use either Z1 or ZFX for it to properly bond.

Taken from the Zaino site

For your initial application, enable Z-2 PROâ„¢ by mixing with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator as directed by the instructions included with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator. It is critical that you use ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator with Z-2 PROâ„¢ for the initial application, or if multiple layers are to be applied within a 24 hour time period.*

Whenever you layer Z-2 PROâ„¢, you must activate it with ZFX. For additional information, refer to the ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator page.

ZaneO
05-21-2005, 09:49 AM
I have used Zaino without Z1 of ZFX. It isn`t recommended and *optimum* results aren`t likely, but it will still work as long as you aren`t applying over oils, etc.

imported_COBRyan
05-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I`ll let you know how it turned out!

-Bryan