PDA

View Full Version : Quality of VROOM sheepskin mitt?

imported_Jinba ittai
05-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Have any of you used this? How do you like it?

Last weekend I bought one from Target and was initially impressed. Seemed dense and fluffy and well made. I washed with it once, rinsed it by hand and have let it dry. Today I was running my fingers through it and felt something hard. Turns out I pulled out three "spikey" pieces of hair from the skin of the mitt itself! :eek: Plus when I push down on the surface of the mitt I can feel little bumps. When I gave one bump a pull a chunk of the mitt came loose. I won`t be using this mitt again, except for "dirty duty" like tires or on my work truck.

After several washings my two Turtle Wax sheepskin mitts still feel good, without any debris or anything coming loose. It wasn`t like the VROOM mitt was cheap. I paid $7.99 for it. A dollar more than I paid for the TW mitt. :(

SayNoToPistons
05-20-2005, 08:01 PM
wow. whats with vroom? even worst happened with my 3.99 vroom chenille mitt. now im thinking twice wether i should buy vroom mitts at all.

imported_Jinba ittai
05-20-2005, 08:09 PM
I didn`t put this in the washing machine so I can`t imagine what it would look like if I did! I gently hand washed it and then air dried it. As it`s been drying I`ve been inspecting it and I haven`t been impressed. I just noticed a little hole in the skin, as if the material is coming apart.

I figured with "genuine sheepskin" I`d be safe. It IS sheepskin but not a high quality one. I have my Turtle Wax ones to compare to and they feel and look as good as new and I`ve used them at least 10 times over the past month.

I don`t plan to be buying any more VROOM mitts. I did like their glass cleaning MF towels. Seem to work well but I have yet to wash them.

TW85 HHI
05-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I have used, washed, and dried my Vroom sheepskin mitt several times. It is still softer and more plush than my Euro (or is it Eerow? Can never remember) and online mitts.

imported_Jinba ittai
05-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Have you pressed down hard to the actual surface of the mitt and felt any bumps or spikey things? That`s what I found after washing it.

It was very dense and soft when I used it so I`m pretty sure it didn`t hurt the car any and now that it`s dry it seems soft unless I push down but I don`t trust it on the car`s paint.

SayNoToPistons
05-20-2005, 08:18 PM
well ill just try one myself and see how it is. you mightve gotten a lemon like me!

TW85 HHI
05-20-2005, 08:20 PM
No different than my other mitts, though it is still softer overall.

ntoddalbert
05-20-2005, 08:29 PM
I have felt the bumps you speak of in mitts before, all brands its hit or miss with "Natural" products like mitts. For this reason I never buy them online, you have to hold them in your hand first

Guess your sheep had pimples?