PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Proline VS Consumer LIne

Tanat198
05-20-2005, 12:07 PM
What`s the difference between these lines? I plan to use 1Z MP with PC. I just wanna try Pro Line. Any suggestions?

JaCkaL829
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I *believe* the Pro line is a tad more aggressive and contains less if any wax in it. Do you have the pro line or the consumer MP? I just used the consumer MP yesterday via PC and it came out pretty good.

jetskie
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Of the heavier cut compound it seems like their PP and UP are the same as the pro versions. MP has a different formula for consumer and pro. As said before the pro is a little more agressive with no wax. Consumer MP is similar to Express Polish and wax in the pro line. The pro WPS seems to have some light cleaners(chemical) in it compared to Glanz Wax which does not.

I have used PP, Pro MP, and consumer MP and I am very satisfied with them. I you case it is probably not worth it for you to use the pro MP as the extra agressiveness is minimal, you`re better off trying the PP if you need something more.

LOTA OT
05-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I could be very wrong, but I seem to remember some of (if not all) of the pro line is silicone free and body shop safe. Am I remembering correctly?

Michael

JaCkaL829
05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
It seems to me 1Z MP (Consumer) is more or less a 1-step cleaner polish/wax, while 1Z MP (Pro) should be used in a series of steps, the fact that it doesn`t have wax might make it more desireable if you top your cars with sealants frequently. I have both the consumer and pro MP so i`m set :)

Accumulator
05-20-2005, 02:29 PM
I use the Pro MP quite a bit, it`s my favorite penultimate product and the one I use on the S8.

It *does* contain "wax", but it`s a synthetic, not a carnauba based one. Holds up for a while on its own, but not as well/long as the pink/consumer MP or WPS. Does not interfere with UPP (haven`t tried other sealants over it).

Pro MP definitely has more "cut" than the pink/consumer version. I found it makes a subtle, but unmistakable difference on the S8, even when the car already looks "perfect". I use it instead of Menzerna FP, having done side-by-side comparisons with the two. But that`s just a personal preference and others will go the other way.

sQuashed
07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
So Accumulator, I just received my MP Pro and WPS for my Silverstone Z. Will I need a topper if I used those 2 products together?

Accumulator
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
sQuashed- You will if you want the results to last. With no topper, WPS didn`t last all that long for me (can`t give you a timeframe, but I was disappointed).

I dunno if UPP would work well or whether it`d have bonding issues. I suspect the latter. I just used WPS after the other polishing on my wife`s A8 and I topped it with #16. I like how it turned out. Gee, I`m sure into discontinued products, huh?

You folks who want to try Pro MP oughta get some while it`s still available. It`s been replaced with the consumer version and they`re already shipping that. With places (like HERE (http://www.openroadmotoring.com/einszett.htm) ) getting rid of the old Pro MP at $10 a can, well, you can guess what *I* did ;)

imported_Amused
07-20-2005, 03:53 PM
^^ that place sold out! lol!

i blame Accumulator :chuckle:

sQuashed
07-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Ya fujiFast, I think I bought it up :hide: I have #16, I have UPP, I was under the impression that these 2 products were wonderful together? Darn it...another 3 step for me !!!