PDA

View Full Version : Micofiber Towels

Pages : [1] 2

TxDoc
05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Are they good for drying (better than a chamois) and for use with wax/polish removal, better than a 100% cotton towel?

What are the downsides to them? Any special tricks to washing them to remove all contaminants?

Thanks

Lowejackson
05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes, MF towels are perfect for drying paintwork. As for washing, I presoak them in an oxiclean mixture before use in the washing machine.

rascoe22
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
we use them, they are great for drying and they absorb alot of water. for removal of wax/polish, i believe they are better than ctton towels.cotton towels leave to much cotton on the vehicles. make sure you have clean ones on hand as you remove wax/polish. they do tend to hold wax in the fibers. we wash them in hot water/ alittle bit of bleach. they are #1 on our list of towels to use.

tom p.
05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
once you try the WW towels, and MF in general, you`ll never go back to your old ways !!

Enjoy.

Tom86951
05-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Are SM-Arnold MF towels any good? They have them in 3-packs at my local Orchard Supply Hardware...

Wasatch
05-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Tom86951

Are SM-Arnold MF towels any good? They have them in 3-packs at my local Orchard Supply Hardware...

Hard to say, but my guess would be to not use them on your paint, but for interior work, wheels, tires, etc..... they would be ok.

White95Max
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Microfiber towels are far better than cotton towels in every way.

For drying, a microfiber waffle weave towel is superior. :up

rx7_FD
05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I use the absorber for drying my car. Its a great product. I use the MF buffing towel to buff off the wax when im waxing my car.

imported_guapsnaman
05-20-2005, 10:47 PM
The absorber is good but not great.

Try out a WW towel and you`ll understand why...

imported_Jinba ittai
05-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I`ve been using 100% cotton for years and have been pondering MF towels. Everyone here is so positive on them and now my curiousity has finally gotten the best of me so I`ve taken the plunge. I just ordered several of the DF Towels and the wash mitt for use with my Zainoed car. DF is officially approved by Zaino and I`m liking that. When I talked to Sal he recommended them.

Plus, I like the concept of a cotton-based MF towel. I guess I just can`t make the mental leap to a totally synthetic MF towel. :D Supposedly the DFs are basically the same type towel as the CBT and I really am looking forward to having some quality towels for QDing and buffing.

I did a search and read nothing but good things about DF towels . I`m looking forward to checking these items out. :bounce

I spent $70 on high quality 100% cotton towels just last month and now have shelled out the equivalent for MFs.

BigAl3
05-21-2005, 12:43 PM
go to sams club and buy the light blue 18 pack of hometex mf`s (not to be confused with microtex). they are one of the best value for the money and they are very decent in quality. in fact... i just got done washing & qd`ed with them and they seem to hold up/stay plush after several washes with no marring/scratching. :up

termigator
05-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I used to use the Absorber too. Still got it. I use it to clean my rims and the door jams. MF towels are definitely better than cotton or the Absorber, IMO. I like the 2-pack Microtex towels from Walmart best. Best bang for the buck, reasonably plush and they have yet to scratch or mar my black Acura!:)

wannafbody
05-21-2005, 05:00 PM
SM Arnold manufactures rotary and pc pads so their MF`s should be of high enough quality to use on paint

a.k.a. Patrick
05-21-2005, 06:43 PM
DF is officially approved by Zaino and I`m liking that

Ohhhhhh k......and this ensures.............?

Spilchy
05-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Ohhhhhh k......and this ensures.............?

< the crowd gasps! >

HOW DARE YOU!

boomed the piercing voice of the Zaino god.

NOBODY QUESTIONS MY AUTHORITY ON TOWELS! DON`T YOU SEE? I HAVE MY DISCIPLES PERFECTLY BRAINWASHED uh, er... I MEAN EDUCATED.

:rofl

Jinba ittai, seriously, MF towels will BLOW you away. Stick with top brand names from Autopia sponsors and you`ll never go back.

Two of my favorites:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwbt-2.html

http://www.properautocare.com/miracletowel.html