PDA

View Full Version : How do you ship samples to people?

zesty-man
12-19-2004, 11:34 PM
stupid question here, how do you ship samples to people in states, etc? what do you say when the lady asks you what`s inside the package? car wax? is it legal to ship polish/wax/chemicals via air or ground?

thanks

awd330
12-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I`ve shipped car detailing products to people in other states. Shipping regulations vary depending on the specific product(s) and whether you are shipping by air versus ground. Some chemicals which are considered volatile or combustible may not be shipped by air.

Since you are in Hawaii, I imagine that your shipping alternatives are much more limited than for people living on the mainland. :(

Gary Jones
12-20-2004, 08:44 PM
I used to send samples to people all the time. Just tell the Postal Clerk what`s in the package, ie liquid car wax or polish, and never had a problem. The main thing to remember is that it is illegal to ship any aerosol product via Airmail. The fine`s and penalties for doing so can be VERY severe! You can be fined up to $10,000.00! Hope this helps.

Gary

zesty-man
12-20-2004, 09:25 PM
wow that a large fine.... what kinda products are we looking at that are aerosol?

Gary Jones
12-20-2004, 10:33 PM
I`m sure there are other`s, but the ones that I can think of right now that we sell, are the Stoners line, the Sprayway line, the SEM carpet dye`s, most of the Diamondite Glasss Cleaner`s (except for their paint sealant), and some of the Ragg Topp products. I ship many products via Air, but I do know that it is agains Federal Law to ship any aerosol products via Airmail. Hope this answers your question.

Gary

The Chee
12-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Gary, are they any wax or polish from PAC that can`t be sent by air? What about products from 4*?

Cheers,

Chee

jaybs02
12-21-2004, 05:53 AM
Zesty,
You shouldn`t have any problems sending samples to people.
Like Gary said as long as it`s not in an aerosol can you`ll be fine.

If you want as an option (will cost a little more) you could take it to either a Fed Ex or UPS store and let them pack it for you. They would let you know if they couldn`t ship it.

Happy holidays
"J"

Oh cool I made it to 500 posts... yeah