PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Quik Suds car wash strips..

Maknmony
05-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I just found these at Big lots for $1.99 a package. I bought 4 packages and got a chance to use a strip today. I`m impressed with the smell, the sheeting and the washing ability that these sheets have. Seems to be a decent wash soap for that price. What are everyone elses thoughts?

Thanks,

Sellncars

drewski59
05-18-2005, 11:07 PM
I got a free sample of a strip.

I agree, it`s not a bad wash, just not that great. I still prefer Z7 or Gold Class over this.

It`s a convenient product for us time-struggled detailers, but its performance for the money isn`t enough to tear me from my gallon of GC wash.

:wavey

imported_truzoom
05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Didn`t like it much, and I found myself needing more strips than recommended to get enough suds for me to feel comfortable.

I can see how it would be convenient though, except having decent water pressure would be a must to break down the strip.

the other pc
05-19-2005, 01:00 AM
I was impressed by how well it works. Like drewski59, it doesnâ€â„¢t make me want to give up Gold Class but for anybody whoâ€â„¢s short on time and storage space itâ€â„¢s terrific.

You sure got a killer deal.

PC.

DETAILKING
05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Feel free to add to my poll. I had to use 4+ strips to keep the suds lasting throughout the wash.....

Maknmony
05-19-2005, 06:19 PM
I washed 2 vehicles off of 1 strip, i did notice that it did lose some suds, but i just added more water and they came back. The smell is awesome. This seems like an ok product, not the greatest. Definitely better then the Blue Coral Car Wash & Wax. I guess there aren`t alot of people that have tried this or used it.

Thanks,

Sellncars
Originally posted by DETAILKING

Feel free to add to my poll. I had to use 4+ strips to keep the suds lasting throughout the wash.....

tahoe04
05-20-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a 20 pack David was nice enough to send out with one of my orders. I like to use them in between heavy washes, when it`s alittle to dirty for a QD but doesn`t need a major wash

jfelbab
05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
I was away from home for a few months and took a pack with me to attend to the car. They are great for traveling as they don`t take up much room. The wash was pretty slick and the suds lasted throughout. Not a bad product but for my normal wash I use Gold Class.