PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Confused

Solus
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi there, well its me again guys, look i been using 3M products and they work good, i just use the Perfect-It II Rubbing compund and the swirl remover, but now i am interest on using Meguiar`s and i found Fine Cut , Medium Cut and Heavy cut cleaners, wich i dont know why i think are similar as Dual action cleaner/polish, compund power cleaner, and diamond cut compund.

The questions is what is the difference between them, i mean i know fine is light compound and heavy is agresive as dual action is light compound and diamond is the agresive one, but why there are like 2 ligth compounds and 2 agresives, is that because of different paints? like the ones of th ebody shops that sometimes are harder cuz of too much harnes and cheap paint, and that the stock ones are soft? Or is just preference or what would be a difference?

Im sure a lot of you guys have used these products would you share with me some of your experience with them? plus comments.

Im plaining on doing a mobile detail, and sometimes you have to work on the Sun because theres no shade, also many compounds dry too fast cuz of the hot surface and evaporate leaving all sticky the compound on the paint, i dont know if this happens with these compounds. Also do they hide swirl marks? like i like to wash the car with a sponge after compund and polish just with water to remove all the dust left by compunding and polishing, and then after that i glaze it with Finishing Glaze from Mothers profesional line and put FMJ, glenz wax, or Pinnacle.(depending on the color of the car).

Maybe im not a pro but i like to know everything about the products im using, i already call Meguiar`s customer service, but i wanna hear your experience guys. (Thanks for reading my Question)

Joseph

JeffM
05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Ask on this board about any megs product:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/

3m pi2 RC has has caused cancer in labratory animals. I would switch over the the PI 3 RD, or the PI 3000. Both are superior to the PI 2

Solus
05-18-2005, 08:52 PM
what is PI 3 Rd and damn where did you see that Perfect-It II can cause cancer, bad new for me :( i really like that compound but im gonna change it, thxs for info.