PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lexus- Project Advice for the Newbie

imported_TheFiveO
05-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Okay folks...told ya I was a newbie. I am working on my second paid detail this weekend. A friend wants me to detail out her silver Lexus. Paint is in good condition, no major scratches or dings. Has the standard swirls but that is about it.

I figured if I was going to do this job, I`d do it right. I have invested in the PC and use nothing but MF to finish the job off. (Hey I may be new, but I figure I might as well start with the best products)

Any assistance or opinions are great appreciated. Thanks again friends! :xyxthumbs

drewski59
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!:wavey

Well, since you have a PC, I would recommend Mezerna polishes, mainly the Intensive and Final polishes.

I would recommend Zaino for the rest of the detail, but it`s really based on your preferences. Being a pro detailer now, you could get away with a good carnauba wax like s100(the easiest to use;) ). It also wears off a lot quicker, so you`ll have job security.

Also, invest in good brushes, towels, applicators, pads, etc. The cheap ones may be tempting, but good products will be worthwhile in the long run.

Good luck!:xyxthumbs