PDA

View Full Version : Protectant Question

1dreamer
05-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I am new to this forum. I hope that I am posting in the correct topic for my question.

I have a signature on my dashboard (plastic area, in fact, passenger airbag cover - Mustang). The signature was done with a metallic pen and smudges if touched. I have heard of people clear coating these signatures. I would like advice on if clear coat is the best option and if so what would be the recommended product. I want something that will last and not crack or peel later down the road. I also want something that will make that area look good because I am assuming I will not be able to use any protectants on that portion of the dash after it is coated. This portion of the dash needs to look like the rest of the dash when I detail it out for show if possible.

Help?

Thanks!

imported_turbomangt
06-07-2005, 05:08 AM
Dreamer, you are correct. The only way you can preserve it is to clear over it. Go to a body shop and they will help you out. who signed it? Michael Jordan?

1dreamer
06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
I wish! No, my car is a Jack Roush edition and he signed it at an event I attended. :)

Casebrius
06-12-2005, 08:08 PM
where`s a silver Sharpie when ya need it :(