PDA

View Full Version : Spray Bottles

Andy69
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Ive seen people on here use trigger sprays and fill them with their own stuff. Likewise with flip top dispenser bottles too.

While out shopping today i bought a few spray bottles thinking i was being dead autopian. Its only when i got home i thought to myself `what the hell am i supposed to put in here?`:o :D

So.... what am i supposed to put in them? I was thinking maybe a diluted vinyl dresser for spraying over the engine area and under the wheel arches at car shows?

Nick M
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I`ve got a few of these, mainly the empty Meguiar`s ones with dilution ratio`s on them. Anyway, I use them as follows:

Use them to pre mix car wash soap for clay lubricant application

Use them for various mix ratio`s of All Purpose Cleaners

To use plain water to damp down my PC pads prior to polishing

Sounds like you already have the right idea :up

imported_Sullybob
05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
I bought a gallon of Meg`s #40 and use a spray bottle for it.

I also buy APC by the gallon and then have it in several bottles in different dilutions. Home made clay lube, carpet cleaner or distilled water. Put what ever you want in them and have some fun.:)

Bill D
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Buy QDs, dressings and cleaners by the gallon and put them in the spray bottles.

mystickid
05-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Is better to dampen a PC pad with water or a Qd prior to polishing?

Do you have to dampen a pad before and PC polsihing only or before waxing too??

JeffM
05-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Before polishing you should prime the pad, either with product or a QD(water), depends on the polish.

For the LSP it also depends. Read the directions, for example, EX needs to have a damp pad, UPP doesnt,.