Meguiars NXT Liquid Wax

Meguiars NXT Cockpit Shine

Klasse AIO

S100 Paste Wax

Stoner`s InvisibleGlass

303 Aerospace Cleaner

Vehicle 1:

`01 Mustang GT Convertible:

Metallic Silver paint, black top. Been Zaino`ed a couple of times in the last few years, Claybar to Z1-Z5-Z2-Z2. Top in good condition, but could use some "refreshing" of the color.

Vehicle 2:

`00 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr:

Black paint, no clearcoat as far as I know. Last "wax" job was using Meguiars Gold Class a few years ago. After that, I used NXT back in October.

QUite a few swirl marks that`re visible, but nothing "too" bad.

Vehicle 3:

`96 Ford Windstar:

Marron (or purple... I think purplish) metallic paint. LOTS of swirls. This thing will take the longest time.

Now then, can anybody give suggestions for the vehicles? WHat I was thinking for the Mustang was:

Dish soap

Clay

ZFX+Z5, ZFX+Z2Pro, maybe 2 coats of each.

Top that off with the S100.

For Vehicle 2 (Cherokee):

Maybe the same thing if anybody recommends it, or:

Dish soap

Clay

NXT

S100

I like the way theevolved did the blazer in this link http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55237&perpage=12&pagenumber=4

but I`m not sure how much the products he used would run me. That and of course ready availability of the products.

Now Vehicle 3 (Minivan) is where I`m stuck. The steps in the link above arent bad, but would they work as good on metallic paint? Main thing of course is to get rid of the swirl marks, and keep it looking good. Then again isnt that the point of being here? :)

I would like to have these 3 sparkling and spotless in the next couple of weeks. The inside of the cherokee has already been hit with the NXT Cockpit shine and the IG.

Anyways, advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, I`m about to re-order my entire stock of Zaino again.

Gagan

Accumulator
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
mwarrior- You`re gonna need an abrasive or two to deal with the marring. I`d use 3M PI-III RC (05933) and MG (05937), which don`t leave oils/fillers to interfere with the Zaino. I`d probably use both products on the Cherokee and the Windstar, but see if the 05937 will do the Cherokee to your satisfaction.

Mustang- OK, but use the 05937 after the clay.

Cherokee- I`d use the NXT rather than the Zaino.

Windstar- Zaino if you get the marring under control, NXT if you don`t.