PDA

View Full Version : Excel WW Drying Towels

6speedZ
05-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know the difference between Excel Detail`s Excel Monterey Waffle Weave Drying Towel and the Pacific Blue Waffle Weave Drying Towel, besides their size? How many of these towels would I need to do a full size car at the largest? Thanks!

White95Max
05-16-2005, 10:33 PM
The monterey WWs are a bit larger, and they are softer. I believe they are from a different manufacturer than the Pacific blues.

You might be able to dry a whole car with one, but I`d get two just in case you have any streaks left over.

I have 4 of them and I love them all! :)

fun69mach1
05-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I have the Monterey towels and they work great on my black GT. They are really soft and hold a lot of water. I use 2 so I don`t streak.

termigator
05-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a Pacific Blue WW towel from Excel. It`s nice, but it`s not as thick or as large as the Big Blue WW I got from Classic Motoring. I haven`t been able to dry my whole car with either by themselves, so I use them both when drying my car. Believe it or not, the only ones I have that can dry my entire car are the Microtex MF towels I got from Walmart! They`re not WW, but at under $7, they`re quite the bargain and they haven`t scratched or marred my black Acura!:xyxthumbs

Pats300zx
05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I have one of the new Excel WW towels and it is very nice. Its not as thick as some of the other WW but it really does hold the water.

I agree with the Microtec MF drying towels. They are nice, plush and really hold the water. For a towel under $7 that can be obtained locally they are a great deal for the money.

trueblueblood
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I bleieve one has a silk edging and the other doesn`t. I have the darker blue one with the silk edging and love it. I had a grey waffle weave from Autopia I had been using but those edges on it can and will scratch. You couldn`t see it under normal lighting but under halogens that towel edging casued scatching/marring in the direction I had dried , I hated having to fold it to avoid the edges touching my paint:( . It did absorb water great but the edging sucked. Glad alot of MF`s out now do have silk borders:xyxthumbs

imported_Kraig
06-09-2005, 10:10 AM
What kind of edges to the Monterey towels have?

imported_Denzil
06-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I have the pacific blue WW`s and they`re great. They are much better than The Absorber, hands down. :up

White95Max
06-09-2005, 02:46 PM
The montereys have a soft edge...maybe it`s also MF? Maybe Patrick can chime in and confirm what the material is on the edge of the Montereys.

Raven
06-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I also have 4 of the pacific blue WW`s and they are great towels. Very soft and hold a ton of water, I use two to try my black truck,

Patrick`s CS is great!

imported_Kraig
06-09-2005, 06:36 PM
I`d like to know more about the Monterey, I already have some of the Sonus towels and a few of the new WW from WC on the way, but you can never have enough of these things.