PDA

View Full Version : B-Pillar vinyl rock chips, what to do?

Mardigan
05-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Howdy! First post, love the site already but I couldn`t find the answer via search.

I have an `03 mazda 6, on the driverside door b-pillar I have 2 stone chips and one large area that almost looks melted away (this was all from previous owner, looks like an easy fix).

Anyway, I`m looking for a place to get some vinyl (tear off the old vinyl, then put the new one on). Or, if anyone knows how to repair these chips and such.

I looked at the black part, its basically one big sheet of vinyl that overlays the door frame, so getting another piece of vinyl would be my best bet. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get the vinyl, any ideas?

imported_themightytimmah
05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Other then the Mazda dealership, I couldnt really tell ya. Those B-pillars are a bear, usually people I know with scratched ones just paint the scratches black and call it good enough. The only thing worse then the vinyl ones is the anodized B-pillars.

Actually, on second thought, you might want to try a junkyard. I`m sure you can find a totaled Mazda6 with severe front or rear damage, but workable vinyl panels. The junkyard operator shouldnt charge ya more then 10-20 bucks for the vinyl, which is probably a far cry from what the dealer will charge.