PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Glass and Surfaces paper towels review

Big Leegr
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, I saw these and thought "You know, I`ve got an extra $3.00 burning a hole in my pocket, why not try it out?"

Tech info:

-90 2-ply sheets (11"x11") in a single roll.

-White with blues "dots" highlighting the pressed design on the towel.

-Bag (Wrapper) may pose suffocation hazard to babies and children.

-Made in USA by Proctor and Gamble.

-"Earned" the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.

-Warns that the ink may transfer onto some surfaces when wet.

Directions:

"To help get a streak free shine*"

"*with a leading streak free cleaner brand" :rolleyes:

"1-Generously spray surface with a streak-free cleaner (Follow your cleaner`s usage instructions)

2-Wipe with Bounty Glass & Surfaces towels until surface is dry.

3-To finish up, polish surface with dry Bounty G&S towels.

For best results, clean out of direct sunlight or when surface of window/glass is cool."

I tried them. Used Stoners IG. They work!! (sort of).....But wait! There`s more! They look identical to the regular Bounty (Except for the blue dye). The reg. Bounty work as well as the G&S!! The reg. Bounty is a little cheaper! Oh the power of marketing!!

I called the 800# on the bag to see if there was a "specific" benefit to the G&S towels that I was missing. I was put on hold, apologized to for the wait (How Nice! :) ) and told that there isn`t much difference. Both can be used for windows and for other surfaces. But the G&S is supposed to be a little better for streak free... not that the regular Bounty streaks badly, though! In the end, she couldn`t come up with anything too definite.

So, if you feel the need to get a paper towel that states that it can be used on glass specifically, you may want to try this. It`s not as nice as some MF`s I`ve used, and I did get some streaking, but nothing too bad. Didn`t fall apart when using either, so that`s a plus over some other paper towels.

SilverLexus
05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
I have found Bounty to streak as good as it is for a paper towel. MF was my personal big breakthrough on glass cleaning. :)

ttapin
05-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I have found Bounty to be as good as it gets for a paper towel but no match for a good mf towel;)

Lou G

drewski59
05-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I posted a review of these about a week ago.

I didn`t like them; they left just as many streaks as regular paper towels.

I`ll be sticking to MF, thank you very much.

:wavey

Big Leegr
05-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Oh. I thought you did a review on Brawny? Sorry for the repost?

wannafbody
05-17-2005, 10:57 AM
I like the 88 cent nascar blue work towels at WalMart

drewski59
05-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BigLeegr

Oh. I thought you did a review on Brawny? Sorry for the repost?

Oh that`s right. Sorry for the comment. My mistake.

:bow