PDA

View Full Version : love bugs OR wash in direct sunlight

vprdak
05-16-2005, 12:15 PM
ok what would you do in this situation... you have love bugs on the front of your vehicle... you have a chance to wash... do you leave the bugs on or wash now in the direct blazing 100 degree plus noon day sunlight?

topnotchtouch
05-16-2005, 12:19 PM
I would get them off. I carry QD and microfiber in my trunk just for that purpose. I commute about 80 miles a day and I don`t like to leave bugs on the paint for 8 hours while I am at work so I remove any splatters when I get there.

vprdak
05-16-2005, 12:30 PM
ok good.. what is the worst thing that could happen when washing in the sun besides waterspots??

topnotchtouch
05-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I wouldn`t wash the whole car, just wash the bugs off. You can follow up with a QD if you are worried about water spots.

Casebrius
05-16-2005, 01:50 PM
get those things off ASAP, they eat clear coat! very acidic critters!

Hemi57
05-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Yep, I agree with Casebrius, get them off ASAP. The longer you leave them the harder they are to move.

Tasty
05-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Very first thing I did when I got back from my drive to San Marcos last weekend was wash the *&%$@$# love bugs off. Absolutely worthless creatures. If anyone knows what role they play in nature I would really like to know. Before I knew any better I left them splattered on my GMC paint back in the day, and they ate straight through. Kicking myself to this day.

Cortez
05-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Tasty

Absolutely worthless creatures. If anyone knows what role they play in nature I would really like to know.

They eat decomposing organing matter (poo), this is why the methane from auto exaust attracts them to roadways. They are right up there with mosquitos in my book:down .

imported_animes2k
05-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by vprdak

ok good.. what is the worst thing that could happen when washing in the sun besides waterspots??

Your coworkers or other people in your building thinking that you`re a complete OCD freak for cleaning your car every time you pull into the parking lot in the morning? :D

Heck, I think people are going to think me a freak just for using my car duster in a retail parking lot :)

Casebrius
05-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Don`t they live underground for all but three weeks of the year?