PDA

View Full Version : this weekends detail

tensors22288
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
this weekend i doing my beige/tan colored metallic car which u can see on my cardomain page if u interested. it was a daily driver that was parked outside for 8 yrs an hardly ever washed. ive worked on it alot though since i got it 2 months ago.. the paint is a VERY forgiving color an u dont see swirls unless u look at the direct sunlight reflection. but there are alots of swirls an some minor scratches. heres my process

1) wash with megs gold class and wool washclother, dry with MF

2) polish with 83 with PC

3) Polish with 80 with PC

4) Top wih megs next paste

my tires an rims are new an clean so i not gonna hit them with anything serious, just waxed with aio. Not clayin cause i did about a month ago. does the process sound good? will 83 and 80 leave behind a haze free surface or am i going to need another product after the 80. the paint doesnt show defects much so minor hazing probably wont even be seen. process look alrite? its my first polish and PC use.

tensors22288
05-17-2005, 06:58 AM
in addition to this last post i have an addtional question. i was planning on using sonus green with both 80/83. problem is i only have one green pad. should i use the orange with the DACP to avoid having to somehow quickly clean a dirty one or is the orange too aggressive. if so, would the 80 with green pad nicely clean up what hzing or whatever is left behnd from the orange with DACP? 80 is my last product before nxt so i dont want any hazing left over.