PDA

View Full Version : Process question

Option 13
05-16-2005, 09:36 AM
This weekend I`m going to tackle my emerald green LandCruiser.

Here`s the plan:

wash

clay

#83 w/ pc

#80 w/ pc

#26 w/ pc

First question is .....should I use a rinse between polishes or just wipe off with mf

second question is.... are there any suggestions?

a.k.a. Patrick
05-16-2005, 10:00 AM
80 will clean up 83 real nice. You will have some remaining functional oils after using 80. Its up to you whether or not you wish to keep those oils and seal them in or remove with another wash. My feeling is, if you use 26, they will evaporate rather quickly, as opposed to sealing with a polymer, or the Carnauba will blend with them.

Option 13
05-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

80 will clean up 83 real nice. You will have some remaining functional oils after using 80. Its up to you whether or not you wish to keep those oils and seal them in or remove with another wash. My feeling is, if you use 26, they will evaporate rather quickly, as opposed to sealing with a polymer, or the Carnauba will blend with them.

#26 sound O.K. or is there something else that you feel might look better?

a.k.a. Patrick
05-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Option, Im real pro-polymer these days, I dont detail without polymers, period. I feel there every bit as good as a carnauba, and when they outlast them 2:1, 3:1, why not ? You could try Megs #21, or various other polymer products, i.e. (That Im familiar with): UPP, Blackfire, #20, NXT to a lesser degree, Optimum. Not to knock #26 which is a blend of products, that will work great! I just use different products according to my likeing !

Option 13
05-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Option, Im real pro-polymer these days, I dont detail without polymers, period. I feel there every bit as good as a carnauba, and when they outlast them 2:1, 3:1, why not ? You could try Megs #21, or various other polymer products, i.e. (That Im familiar with): UPP, Blackfire, #20, NXT to a lesser degree, Optimum. Not to knock #26 which is a blend of products, that will work great! I just use different products according to my likeing !

Hey Patrick, I really appreciate the help.... I can get NXT locally so I think I`ll give that a shot.

Any other suggestions?....I`m all ears:D

a.k.a. Patrick
05-16-2005, 03:21 PM
The 26 will probably last as long as the NXT, thats just NXT`s downfall, its not indicative of all other Polymer products available.

JeffM
05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I keep some spray and wipe handy for any dusting.

#80 and NXT will blow your mind, but you may have to re apply the nxt in 8 weeks.

Lowejackson
05-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Unless you have some very bad swirls or very hard paint I would start with #80 and then evaluate

Option 13
05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I have some serious cobwebs and some pretty bad oxidizing on the hood and roof.

They didn`t really seem all that bad to me until I found this site.

Now that I`ve seen what you guys do to a car mine looks terrible.

But I`ll take your advice and start with #80 and evaluate.

Thanks for the help.