PDA

View Full Version : polish reccomendation

shyne
05-16-2005, 01:47 AM
I`ve been using the PC on a few cars already polishing with the 1z paint polish (the green can), and the conditions of the paints i`ve used it on were fairly swirled and damaged.

I tried to get oxidation spot out, roughly a 3inch area, and i ended up burning some of the paint off!:eek:

running through the car a couple of times with the PC i felt that 1z wasant cutting it for me, and one reason being that oxidated area. it did a good job and took out some of the major swirlage but swirls were still there! also the paint didnt feel as clean as i thought it shouldve been.

whats a good polish to go onto next? I was thinking DACP, but does it have the same or better cutting ability as 1z paint polish(green can)?

termigator
05-16-2005, 08:05 AM
If the paint feels rough to you, you should probably try claying first. After that, you can try the DACP. I`ve only used 3M and Menzerna products, so I don`t know how they compare to DACP or 1Z. I did see a polish comparison chart over at Properautocare.com showing that DACP was equivalent to 3M`s Fine Cut Rubbing Compound and Menzerna Intensive Polish. If you`re looking to buy some new polish and you`re only using PC, I would suggest you get Menzerna`s Intensive Polish and Final Polish II. They are both superior products. You can get more information on them at www.properautocare.com. Hope this helped.:)

stevet
05-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by shyne

I tried to get oxidation spot out, roughly a 3inch area, and i ended up burning some of the paint off!:eek:

running through the car a couple of times with the PC i felt that 1z wasant cutting it for me, and one reason being that oxidated area.

whats a good polish to go onto next? I was thinking DACP, but does it have the same or better cutting ability as 1z paint polish(green can)?

Do I understand you correctly? You used 1Z Paint Polish and burned your paint. Even though it did this you think Paint Polish isn`t cutting it and want to try something with more cut?

Tanat198
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Is it possible to cut though the paint with PC and 1Z PP? Can`t imagine that`s possible..:nixweiss

stevet
05-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tanat198

Is it possible to cut though the paint with PC and 1Z PP? Can`t imagine that`s possible..:nixweiss

It`s possible to cut through with a PC if you do enough applications.

shyne
05-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by stevet

It`s possible to cut through with a PC if you do enough applications.

yeah thats pretty much what I did. i`ll try to get some pictures up of it. I didnt ever think it was possible, but now i know better.

termingator, I did claybar it already and i might consider getting DACP.

Merenza sounds good, but after reading about it here and there it sounds like a PITA to use.

stevet
05-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by shyne

yeah thats pretty much what I did. i`ll try to get some pictures up of it. I didnt ever think it was possible, but now i know better.

termingator, I did claybar it already and i might consider getting DACP.

Merenza sounds good, but after reading about it here and there it sounds like a PITA to use.

Why do you want a more aggressive polish if you are burning paint with the one you already have?

shyne
05-18-2005, 01:10 AM
here is the burnt section, and its actually a bit worse than you can see in the picture

shyne
05-18-2005, 01:14 AM
picture of it washed today

stevet
05-18-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by stevet

Why do you want a more aggressive polish if you are burning paint with the one you already have?

:confused: