PDA

View Full Version : Which applicator pads?????????

Cult Leader
05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
i picked these up at my local auto store and just wondering which to use and for what product. I have the 100% white terry cloth pads and also picked up the yellowish/orange pads that meguiars sells. Now im gonna do some bug&tar remover, should i use the white pads for that??? then when i do my pre-cleaner, NXT, then meg`s16 with the meg`s yellowish/orange pads??

Tasty
05-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Microfiber pads, foam pads? I think most people on here would recommend using MF applicators because the foam ones are pretty crappy.

stevet
05-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Tasty

Microfiber pads, foam pads? I think most people on here would recommend using MF applicators because the foam ones are pretty crappy.

Foam pads are excellent for applying last step products. They are especially good with paste waxes.

imported_themightytimmah
05-15-2005, 11:19 PM
I usually just spray bug+tar on, and then remove it with the mitt when I wash. Before I got a PC, I did pre-cleaner by terry towel (terry pads would be fine, but I never bought any), and then the NXT and #16 by meg`s yellow apps. Some people don`t like the foam pads, but I`ve never had any trouble with em.

imported_WCD
05-16-2005, 12:14 AM
The yellow foam applicator pads spread paste waxes much better IMO. They don`t absorb like mf does, and therefore you get more product on your car- you end up using less.

I use MF applicators for applying dressings to interiors.

You should get the yellow foam applicators for well under $1 each online at various places. Retail stores like Auto Zone, PepBoys, etc. sell them for quite a bit more around here.

Rob