PDA

View Full Version : Window tint recommendation

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rich819
05-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I have a 2004 Silver Acura Tl with gray interior. I`m looking for a window tint that is not real dark, approx 35%, but will enhance the looks of the car. What would u recommend? Thanks

imported_DetailGirl
05-15-2005, 09:15 PM
I have similar color Maxima and Eclipse. 35% is good but 30% is so much better. We got a some stuff called platnimum tint, we realy like it.

Rich819
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Who makes the Platinum tint?

goceltics34
05-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Formula One tints are the best IMO. I got my 2004 Acura TL anthracite metallic done a few days after I bought the car. These tints are nice. Go to the Formula One automotive film website and look for a dealer near you. Get the pinnacle series film as it is the best they offer. I got 35% all the way around I think.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/dveloz143/IMG_2383.jpg

tensors22288
05-19-2005, 07:21 PM
id love 35 all around. nj doesnt allow ANY on the front windows. stupid rule

RuffRyder
05-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by tensors22288

id love 35 all around. nj doesnt allow ANY on the front windows. stupid rule

Ditto! :angry

MorBid
05-19-2005, 07:59 PM
I`m looking to do the same thing on my Black on Black Audi.

I`ve checked out V-kool and some others. Then there`s the question of what type of tint to get.

Dyed

Metalic

Dyed/Metalic

Creamic

NYS is 70% VLT on the doors and nothing on the front winsheild. I don`t want something pimp black, just along the lines of what you said, to set off the look of the car but most importantly to keep the interior cool.

With black leather it gets mighty hot in there.

topnotchtouch
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
My tint is Llumar, 28% on the windshield strip, driver and passenger door windows and 18% on the rear quarter and back windows.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2760profilenxt.jpg

LouisanaJeeper
05-20-2005, 09:10 AM
metallic

black 20%

35% is too light IMHO

imported_animes2k
05-28-2005, 08:39 PM
What LJ said... Given, I`ve only got two tintable windows (windshield isn`t legal and rear is plastic). I think my film is 3M (it`s been 5 years) semi-metallic black 20% and any lighter is too light. Very nice.

RedStang
05-28-2005, 09:16 PM
20% all around is what I`d go with... I have 5% in the back and 20% on the sides, I would have the 20% in the rear too had my car not come with the 5% on it already.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Swoosh830/Tints.jpg

JasonD
05-28-2005, 10:00 PM
My choice would be 20% all the way around.

Here`s mine. All of the windows except the two front windows came from the factory already tinted. I put 20% on the two front (untinted) windows, and then 35% on top of the already factory tinted ones to get this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/JDookie/IMG_0624.jpg

chml17l
05-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I hope all of you are only tinting your windows for appearance sake. Dark windows may "look cool", but the effect they produce are really the opposite.:mad:

Many people mistakenly think tinted windows will make their interior temperature cooler. Unless you get some kind of metallic tint, darkening your windows will actually make your interior temperature hotter. The metalized tint will reflect heat.

JasonD
05-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by chml17l

I hope all of you are only tinting your windows for appearance sake. Dark windows may "look cool", but the effect they produce are really the opposite.:mad:

Many people mistakenly think tinted windows will make their interior temperature cooler. Unless you get some kind of metallic tint, darkening your windows will actually make your interior temperature hotter. The metalized tint will reflect heat.

I can`t agree with that. I`ve had every single car I`ve owned tinted with both metallic and non-metallic and it has *always* reduced the overall temps. inside drastically.

Sure, the metallic tint will *reflect* more light but even the non-metallic stops the light from penetrating the interior, thus the percentages (20%, 35%, etc.)

LouisanaJeeper
05-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/JDookie/IMG_0624.jpg

big pimpin on the lakefront :cool: haha

I hope all of you are only tinting your windows for appearance sake. Dark windows may "look cool", but the effect they produce are really the opposite.

I guess it could get a little hotter while parked when you get into tint darker than 20%. But actually i find it a real PITA when i am driving down the road, it is 5PM and the sun is setting on my drivers side, glaring on my face. I also got it for apperance, uv protection of interior, glare, apperance, and privacy