PDA

View Full Version : Drying Microfiber Towels

CTDiesel
05-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I washed my MF towels that usually are air dried, but this time I decided to use the clothes dryer to speed up the process. The heat selector was set to medium, which is also labeled âہ“Permanent Press/Casual." Well, I checked the towels after ten minutes, and the dryer was much warmer than expected. The drum was hot enough to be uncomfortable to touch, and the towels were almost completely dried.

Could I have ruined the towels, and/or how can I determine if the towels were damaged? I`m really concerned now about using them on my black truck.

:(

TW85 HHI
05-15-2005, 08:42 PM
If too much heat is applied to polyester, it melts into a hard plastic like material. Just inspect each towel carefully. I highly doubt you caused any damage as we have a lot of the cheap microfibers from Wal-Mart that we use around our house. They are frequently thrown in the dryer with cotton towels on the highest heat setting and there is zero damage.

BTW, you did not use a dryer sheet, did you?

Wasatch
05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
I use the delicate cycle or no heat.

White95Max
05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
I would turn the dryer on the lowest heat setting. I use the dryer on low heat everytime I wash my microfiber stuff, and never have any issues.