PDA

View Full Version : IS 303 good for exterior trim?

TGates
05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Around the windows, base of the windshield, under the hood, etc? I am looking for something to use on these surfaces that won`t leave them greasy looking, but that will leave a nice, black, matte finish and protect them.

I already have the 303 Aerospace protectant so that`s why I`d like to go ahead and use it. I was also considering Adam`s VRT.

imported_themightytimmah
05-15-2005, 06:20 PM
303 is ok, but sometimes it streaks in the rain. I prefer oil-based products for exterior trim, as they are less likely to run. Either PB`s trim restore or TOL`s trim shield dye are my go-to prducts. TR on rubber, dye on textured plastics.

TW85 HHI
05-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BlackSunshine

Around the windows, base of the windshield, under the hood, etc? I am looking for something to use on these surfaces that won`t leave them greasy looking, but that will leave a nice, black, matte finish and protect them.

I already have the 303 Aerospace protectant so that`s why I`d like to go ahead and use it. I was also considering Adam`s VRT.

303 will leave streaks on your paint after a rain or the car gets wet.

Forget trim dressings and use the very same products on your trim that you use on the paint (assuming they do not stain trim). I have used AIO + SG, AIO + UPP, UPC + UPP, Souveran, and Paste Glaz on trim with success. AIO + Wolfgang has disappointed me, however.

TGates
05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I think I`ll try the AIO+SG route on it. I don`t need any streaks after a rain shower for sure.

Bill D
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Yes, that combination is great. Say good bye to short lived dressings and smears and stained paint. Nice and long lasting.