PDA

View Full Version : layering klasse HSG and PS21...

jocktheglide
05-15-2005, 05:28 PM
is it ok that I keep layering the HSG then the PS21 on a weekly bassis aftera wash and qucik detailer clean? I did this last week with 3 days spread thinkikng it wont hurt. this is what i did:

day 1:

wash

quick detailer

klasse hsg

PS21

day 3:

repeated the process

with an addition of the menzers acrylic protection

is this ok?

imported_themightytimmah
05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Klasse KSG (I think you mean High Gloss Sealant Glaze, right?) is a pretty picky product about what it`ll go over. It is not going to layer well over P21S. I`d start over by using AIO to remove everything down to clear paint, and then start layering SG over time (I usually stop after 3 layers). Once you are happy with the sealant, then top with P21S. You will not be able to add more layers of Klasse until you AIO again.

-Tim

imported_MCA
05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
In most (if not all cases), Klasse SG needs a a clean surface to properly bond --> SG will not bond to carnauba (IMO and experience). With that said, there are possibly 2 problems with your process:

1. Your QD (depending on what type/brand) would interfere with SG bonding. For example: Some QD`s contain some carnauba wax (albeit very little when compared to traditional products) --> this would cause bonding issues if you did not wash them off.

2. There will definitely be some bonding issues if you repeat your above process. Your layers of SG should be applied back-to-back (with proper curing time in between) BEFORE your put on P21S.

Most Klasse process are such:

A. Wash

B. Klasse-compatible QD (Example: Sonus Acrylic Spritz, Meg`s FI, EO WWS)

C. Klasse AIO

D. Klasse SG

1. If you want to layer, you would wait 24 hours after the first SG and then wash/QD (to remove dust/dirt) then add another SG --> repeat till layers are complete.

E. Add LSP (in your case, P21S...any non-cleaning LSP would work).

I hope this helps,

MCA

jocktheglide
05-15-2005, 05:54 PM
thanks for the opinions will do then I guess I will have to just wait to keep applying the HGS thingy for 3 times then apply my PS21 stuff. I will start over maybe clay the car again because I dont have anything better to do on my days off work :D

as for the quick detailer im using the mothers quick shine and sometimes the meguairs ones.