PDA

View Full Version : AIO & NXT question-

Pages : [1] 2

CarsFreak
05-15-2005, 02:07 PM
I was having a Sunday chat with my friend who knows his around cars and we stumbled onto the subject of Klasse AIO. I have been interested in trying this when my ColorX is gone since ColorX is also an All-in-one product cleans, polishes, and protects.

I asked if I could use AIO and followed by a coat of NXT and he strongly advised me to never do that. I`ve been reading information that counters what my friend said. So I decided to ask here. Would it be good to that? Or would there be some sort of clash between the products?

My plan was to:

-Clay

- AIO -used more as a polishing agent

-NXT

maybe- #26

imported_DetailGirl
05-15-2005, 03:11 PM
AIO is a chemical cleaner that leaves behind some protective qualities. You can pretty much use any product over it as long as it is not a "cleaner" product. Now as I understand it NXT does have some cleaning properties in it, but very slight. You can use it over AIO but it may remove some of it. Try and get something other than NXT like PB`s EX-P, Wolfgang, or Klasse SG.

I would top the NXT with #26 BTW

atticdog
05-15-2005, 03:16 PM
so if nxt has some slight cleaners then it might remove some of AIO protection but since nxt has pretty good durability and plus your going to top it with #26. it really doesnt matter that it remove alittle of AIO does it?

stevet
05-15-2005, 03:21 PM
In my experience there is no product that AIO is not a good base for. AIO followed by NXT would work perfectly. AIO does leave some protection behind but it doesn`t matter if you are going to top it with something anyway. Most people use AIO for it`s cleaning ability.

imported_DetailGirl
05-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by atticdog

so if nxt has some slight cleaners then it might remove some of AIO protection but since nxt has pretty good durability and plus your going to top it with #26. it really doesnt matter that it remove alittle of AIO does it? No not really. You will just not get the full benefit of the AIO thats all. I for one, never cared for NXT so only used it twice. So if anyone wants a damn near full bottle let me know.

atticdog
05-15-2005, 03:39 PM
ive never used the liquid only the paste

what do you want for it?

CrobarCars
05-15-2005, 11:05 PM
In my experience there is no product that AIO is not a good base for. AIO followed by NXT would work perfectly. AIO does leave some protection behind but it doesn`t matter if you are going to top it with something anyway. Most people use AIO for it`s cleaning ability.

I must agree 100%. AIo is a perfect base for other products. In fact, the actuallity seemsto be when appyling NXT without a base product to set it up, many do not get as much longevity in the protection. The NXT paste seems to give more Bling. The paste is reflective and will deepen the color, however I thought it lacked just up bit of UMPH brilliance. After speaking to another Canadian detailer after his ue of the MXT paste, he believes it gives that little extra the liquid did not have.

NXT is a great product. Yes the cleaners in it are mild, however if you apply by hand and do not "push it " into the pores of the paint, you will be fine.

Here is my sound bite of the day: " AIO is like Roaches.....It will survive a Nuclear blast!"

I find it hard to believe NXT will touch the acrylic base AIO leaves behind! Also, If using the NXT liquid....Megauir`s recommends you appy another layer by hand(lightly spreading on)....24 hrs after the first....Again backing up my claim one layer misses just a bit.

NXT ... solid product....AIO great product....COMBO Priceless!

Scottwax
05-15-2005, 11:12 PM
AIO+ NXT is a great combo. I`ve used it several times and got nearly 5 months of beading, slickness and most importantly, excellent appearance on single stage white paint (2001 Accord). It was still beading when I redid the car.

It is also a really good looking combo. I should have pics of the silver G35 coupe I did last week using AIO/NXT Paste up by late tomorrow.

foxtrapper
05-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I`ve used NXT behind Klasse AIO and SG, it works fine.

Gen2
05-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I just did a AIO topped with #16, it looks great plus the rain water beads like hell.

gabe8501
05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I hate to ask but I have to, I`m a newbie...... what is AIO?

Red Wolf
05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Klasse`s All in One

gabe8501
05-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Red Wolf

Klasse`s All in One

Thank you sir:)

Scottwax
05-17-2005, 07:10 PM
BTW, AIO topped with NXT Paste (both by PC).

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1052004_Infiniti_G35_rearfender.jpg

atticdog
05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
looks great scott

what pads did you use?

Im planning to use that combo this weekend