PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

jauto98
05-15-2005, 01:04 PM
HI. My sister recently came up to me and requested I detail her 2000 Camry in Woodland Green (Dark Green). The paint job is in really bad shape and is parked outside constantly. I am not even sure if she has washed it. If so, it probably has been washed at a gas station or something. It has various scratches and crap on it. Lets just say that the door jambs are in better shape than the outside paint job. You rub the door jambs and still feel how smooth it was when my sister got the car. As a brother, I told her I would be willing to help her out... but don`t expect any miracles.

Got any recommendations or suggetions? I recently acquired a PC 7336 from lowes :woot: but have not gotten the pads yet. I am thinking of doing the Zaino treatment as I have good luck with the vehicles I have and because of the durability factor. I plan to wash the Camry in dawn and clay it. However, i don`t know what I should do prior to apply Z2 on it to clean up and help remove the scratches and probably water spots. I prefer to have something that will work with Zaino. I don`t want to wait for Zaino to come out (and don`t know when) with there cleaner as my sister is going to be giving me her car for a week during the last full week of May. FYI, I am sort of new with using the PC and polishes, though I have been using Zaino for a while know for some time. Thanks.

imported_series1
05-15-2005, 01:14 PM
If your looking to remove scratches and swirls than you might want to get some Meguairs #83 or Poorboys SSR 2.5 if you are able to.

jauto98
05-17-2005, 08:03 AM
After much reading... here is a game plan I am thinking of doing for my sister`s Camry:

1. Wash with dawn

2. Clay using Zaino`s clay

3. Wash with dawn

4. Apply some touch-up paint and wait a couple of hours

5. Polish using Poorboy`s SSR2.5 (With PC, which pad?)

6. Polish using Poorboy`s SSR1 (With PC, which pad?)

7. Wash with Z7

8. Apply Klasse AIO (optional, haven`t decided getting this)

9. Apply Z2 with ZFX

10. Apply Z6

11. Apply Z2 with ZFX

11. Apply Z6

13. Apply Z2 with ZFX

14. Apply Z6

Does this seem like a good game plan? Am I missing anything? I haven`t decided which pads to purchase yet for my PC 7336SP. Any compatability issues? Want to make it durable as possible. During the process, I will be doing some interior detailing. Thanks.

White95Max
05-17-2005, 08:30 AM
I usually use 2.5 with a green pad, but sometimes I need a yellow pad for a little more cut.

Use SSR1 with a green or blue pad.

Lowejackson
05-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I would wash with a normal car shampoo, the polish will remove any old wax etc

White95Max
05-17-2005, 12:46 PM
I agree about using a normal soap. Dawn is not necessary, and it will harm your rubber seals.

jauto98
05-17-2005, 02:02 PM
So I don`t need to use dawn for the first and 3rd step? May just use the cheap car soap for these steps. Any other suggestions? Is AIO really that good from what I have heard to even consider getting? Thanks

Lowejackson
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Dont skimp on the basics, get yourself a decent shampoo

White95Max
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Yes AIO is a great product. I use it almost exclusively on 2-step customer details.

jauto98
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

Yes AIO is a great product. I use it almost exclusively on 2-step customer details.

And its no problem with the Zaino treatment and the steps mentioned above?

White95Max
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I can`t say for sure since I have never used Zaino over AIO, but I don`t see why it wouldn`t work. You`ll have to wait for someone else to confirm/deny this.