PDA

View Full Version : Best QD for EX-P.

Pages : [1] 2

Antonio Wright
12-17-2004, 06:42 PM
After using S&W. What would be the best QD to use?

MS22
12-17-2004, 07:20 PM
My choice is either Crystal Mist or 4* Carnauba. They are both simple to use, neither streak on black, and they both shine like crazy.

mtodde
12-17-2004, 07:33 PM
1Z Lackfinish looks great and contains polymers. Adam`s Detail Spray also really enhances the shine. I have not tried UGE yet.

Personally I prefer not to use carnuba QD with a polymer LSP...just in case I get a mad urge to throw another layer on, LOL. They look great.

Poorboy
12-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Interesting you ask this question today...after unloading our shipment today, there was a box labeled "samples" from my chemist....in the box were a few new items....two of them happen to be QD`s:eek the first one was the first sample of QD+ to be seen...it looks like a carnauba product and it`s pretty slick and nice gloss on our initial trial over light dust on awd330`s Beemer trunk....now the other one is an interesting product should we call it S&W + :rofl it cleans a little and makes the finish incredibley slick and shiny:naughty

cheapshot
12-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Steve your SO Slick! :lol :rofl

chaotik
12-17-2004, 09:49 PM
S&W+ samples??????????????????????????????????????????? (cough) tester (cough)

skifreak122
12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
just to clear some things up...

Antonio- are you wanting to be able to apply more coats of ex-p later on?

Anyone- is there really enough carnuba content in QD`s to affect the bonding of another sealant application?

Poorboy
12-17-2004, 09:56 PM
S&W+ samples??????????????????????????????????????????? (cough) tester (cough)

:rofl

I didn`t get much..so I`ll have to see:dunno

Anyone- is there really enough carnuba content in QD`s to affect the bonding of another sealant application?

it would really depend on the sealant...EX probably wouldn`t ...EX-P maybe?

Antonio Wright
12-18-2004, 05:05 PM
just to clear some things up...

Antonio- are you wanting to be able to apply more coats of ex-p later on?

skifreak122, I am not looking in to layering EX-P. I just want to know what NON-Carnuba QD would give me the best shine.

Poorboy
12-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Just a note...I moved this thread into Main Street Forum from Poorboy`s World Forum, since there are so many answers and so many different products that can be used as a QD on top of EX-P ...sorry for any confusion....:)

sgo
12-18-2004, 08:54 PM
the first sample of QD+ to be seen...it looks like a carnauba product and it`s pretty slick and nice gloss on our initial trial over light dust on awd330`s Beemer trunk....now the other one is an interesting product should we call it S&W + :rofl it cleans a little and makes the finish incredibley slick and shiny:naughty
Sure! YOu would -- wouldn`t you? Just when I got settled in with Adam`s Detail Spray. :) Now I`m going to have to try that one out.

6cyl's_of_fury
12-18-2004, 10:29 PM
I like ClearKote QuikShine or Sonus Acrylix for my non carnauba QD`s. Both a little pricey in the scheme of things, but worth the extra IMO.

Luv-N-It
12-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Adam`s Detail Spray w/ a doubt. The shine, depth, and slickness for a non-carnuba is the best! :)

awd330
12-19-2004, 11:20 AM
....now the other one is an interesting product should we call it S&W + :rofl it cleans a little and makes the finish incredibley slick and shiny:naughty
I had a chance to play with a sample of S&W+ yesterday. Very nice product! It produces a similar look to a custom mixture that I use as my regular QD (3 parts S&W to 1 part Meg`s Final Detail). However, it`s far less prone to streaking than the Final Detail mix. Cleaning ability isn`t quite as strong with my mixture, but it still seems to clean better than most other QD sprays I`ve tried. I will have to try adding a little S&W to S&W+ to see if I can increase it`s cleaning ability without downgrading it`s appearance. (Caution: Mad scientist at work. :D)

hd-nut
01-01-2005, 11:48 PM
I am looking for qd to use over ex-p too. I am looking to toss a coat of EX-p
on my bike every 2-3 weeks. Will using a QD in between cause a bonding issue with layering EX-P. The bike is black, and I want to keep it looking as wet as possible.