PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Polishin Pal

CamV6
05-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Anyone got/used one of these?

Any views or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Cam

MattZ28
05-14-2005, 07:20 AM
I haven`t used it with the light cutting pad, since I polish with a PC, but I always use it when waxing by hand with the finishing pad. It provides a nice cushion between your hand and the paint, is very comfortable to use, and gives a nice even coat.

CamV6
05-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks Matt. Would you say it gives you any better results over waxing/buffing by hand?

jeff5614
05-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Here ya go

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=54958&highlight=polishing+pal

MattZ28
05-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by CamV6

Thanks Matt. Would you say it gives you any better results over waxing/buffing by hand?

Well, for one, you don`t get product on your hands, and secondly, you just have more control (even pressure).

Nick M
05-14-2005, 03:32 PM
I really like the look of this and I will be getting one simply for waxing, as I use the PC for all other products - looks ideal and you can even get it in then UK :up

usdm
05-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Had a chance to use the polishin pal a few times

already. I really like it; easy to use, eaves your hands

feeling less tired, and as already mentioned, easier

to apply even coats of product.

Downside...

Well the finish pads that come with the polishin pal

don`t last very long at all. After doing only two cars,

the center of the pad has already worn out. I did not

notice any marring as a result of the wear, but it did

concern me that the pad would start to fall apart so

quickly. I haven`t used the orange pads yet, so that

will be the next test. Going to try the pads with the

Optimum polish, so it will be a double test.

imported_vindaloo
05-16-2005, 04:42 AM
Used my PP a few times now & I agree it`s easier on the hands & wrists using this. Seems a little easier to spread paricularly for your LSP. Tried the Orange pad but it wasn`t easy to use at all, probably keep that for spot work with the PC.

Can`t comment on the pad durability but I`ve just ordered some extra pads from Ranney @ Pakshak.

imported_CBX Carl
05-30-2005, 03:44 PM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1844_177801867

I have used mine at this point and I would recommend it very much.

My hood and front end had water spots due to a neighbor so I tried out the Polishing Pal. I misted the orange pad first with Sonus Spritz and then applied AIO. Glently glided across the hood and other affected areas, found the application much faster than the norm. By holding the Pal up can both push and pull it a full arms length from your standing position reducing some body movement. The pad loaded up well so reloads were less than with the standard MF pad.

Used the gray pad with S100 and coated the whole truck very quickly. Hand and wrist fatique were GREATLY reduced and application was consistent and much faster.

I have arthritis in the right hand and this helped a great deal to eliminate the normal fatique/pain after a detail session. I am sold on it. :)