PDA

View Full Version : Planning my first detail - how does this product list look?

toconnx
05-14-2005, 02:47 AM
I`m planning to detail my pewter (silvery champage metallic) trans am soon. The car has been garage kept it`s entire life and the paint is in excellent condition for a 6 year old car. These are the products I`m planning to use now based on my own research, but I`m not very knowledgable, so if anyone here suggests something else for my car - the advice will be greatly appreciated. Also, should I stop at the EX-P or will a carnauba wax look better ontop of the ex-p?

NXT car wash

clay

VM

EX-P

Poorboys natty`s paste wax

Inzane
05-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by toconnx

NXT car wash

clay

VM

EX-P

Poorboys natty`s paste wax

Everything looks good on your list but you could probably use a dedicated swirl removing product in-between your clay and VM step. Either one of the PB`s SSR products or something from the Meguiar`s #8x series would probably fit the bill nicely for you.

teamvegas
05-14-2005, 03:59 AM
If you dont need any swirl remover, then your process looks fine. I agree with Inzane though. A paint cleaner would definetly improve the depth before VM. A combo I really like is megs #80 followed by VM then EX or EX-P depending on the color. Some like Nattys as a topper and others think it lowers the shine. I have found it to work as a great carnauba and give the paint a deeper look. Try a section and see what you think.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

toconnx
05-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Are there any waxes that people prefer over Natty`s? I don`t really know my waxes yet :(

Scottwax
05-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by toconnx

Are there any waxes that people prefer over Natty`s? I don`t really know my waxes yet :(

On your particular color, Nattys will look excellent since it is a clear wax that won`t affect how the color looks other than making it look noticably wetter. S100, Paste Glaz and #16 would also look very good.

imported_series1
05-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Any waxes that Scottwax listed would be good. I think the Paste Glaz is discontiued and hard to find now. teamvegas also had a good idea to try a wax over the ex-p on just one panel and see if you like it.