PDA

View Full Version : *** Need Help Finding Car Soap ***

integlspwr
05-13-2005, 10:31 PM
There is this local detailing place at the shopping mall that I have taken my car there a few times.

I was hoping someone can help me ID the soap they use to wash down the car.

There are things that may help with IDing the kind of soap they use.

-Car looks shiney (wet) looking even though wasn`t waxed / polished. I`m pretty sure it wasn`t waxed or polish because I would only pay the just the wash and vaccumm price.

-Surface is slick LIKE you polish/waxed it, but didnt.

-Car surface paint has a sweet smell to it.

Anyone have any ideas or leads on which car product soap the local detail shop might be using?

Btw, the color of my car is black and when i got it back, the color looked very deep and looked "wet".

Thanks In Advance.

-integlspwr-

Setec Astronomy
05-13-2005, 11:17 PM
That could be a lot of soaps, or more likely they are wiping down the car with a quick detailer after the wash. If you want to know, why don`t you ask them? "Wow, my car is all wet looking and slick like it`s been waxed, but I only paid for the wash--what did you use on it?"

integlspwr
05-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

That could be a lot of soaps, or more likely they are wiping down the car with a quick detailer after the wash. If you want to know, why don`t you ask them? "Wow, my car is all wet looking and slick like it`s been waxed, but I only paid for the wash--what did you use on it?"

its probally what keeps them in business and dont want everyon else knowing, you know what i mean?

I highly doubt they are wiping it down with a quick detailer for the price that was paid, i dont think they would go through the effort on doing that.

Keep them suggestions comming.

94GTStang
05-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by integlspwr

There is this local detailing place at the shopping mall that I have taken my car there a few times.

I was hoping someone can help me ID the soap they use to wash down the car.

There are things that may help with IDing the kind of soap they use.

-Car looks shiney (wet) looking even though wasn`t waxed / polished. I`m pretty sure it wasn`t waxed or polish because I would only pay the just the wash and vaccumm price.

-Surface is slick LIKE you polish/waxed it, but didnt.

-Car surface paint has a sweet smell to it.

Anyone have any ideas or leads on which car product soap the local detail shop might be using?

Btw, the color of my car is black and when i got it back, the color looked very deep and looked "wet".

Thanks In Advance.

-integlspwr-

Many of the detailers will use products from some of the larger detail suppliers like Car Brite, Auto Magic, Chemical Guys etc. They all have car wash soaps that have a wax in them to help enhance the finish after a wash and they usually have a strong fragrance to them also. You can go to the websites and check out their product lines and it see if seems similar. I wouldn`t hesitate to ask the detailer either as car wash soap isn`t some big secret and to get the ultimate shine, most people will tell you it`s in the process and not necessarily in the products.

integlspwr
05-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by 94GTStang

Many of the detailers will use products from some of the larger detail suppliers like Car Brite, Auto Magic, Chemical Guys etc. They all have car wash soaps that have a wax in them to help enhance the finish after a wash and they usually have a strong fragrance to them also. You can go to the websites and check out their product lines and it see if seems similar. I wouldn`t hesitate to ask the detailer either as car wash soap isn`t some big secret and to get the ultimate shine, most people will tell you it`s in the process and not necessarily in the products.

Any suggestions on which product would work best? Any websites I should be looking at first, any leads would be appricated.

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
05-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Sorry to disagree, what keeps them in business is them doing the work, not the customers. I hardly think their process or products are a secret. Do you think if you asked the Jiffy Lube what kind of oil they were putting in your car they wouldn`t tell you?

94GTStang
05-13-2005, 11:41 PM

Any suggestions on which product would work best? Any websites I should be looking at first, any leads would be appricated.

Thanks!

I don`t have links to their websites, but do a search for the 3 names I gave you then you can click on products and do a search under car wash soaps. Most of the sites are pretty easy to navigate through.

integlspwr
05-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

Sorry to disagree, what keeps them in business is them doing the work, not the customers. I hardly think their process or products are a secret. Do you think if you asked the Jiffy Lube what kind of oil they were putting in your car they wouldn`t tell you?

I agree that its the work and not the products, but they would probally give me an answer like, oh its some stuff that i can only get etc... You know the BS answers that some people give to make them selves look better.

integlspwr
05-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by 94GTStang

I don`t have links to their websites, but do a search for the 3 names I gave you then you can click on products and do a search under car wash soaps. Most of the sites are pretty easy to navigate through.

Thanks for the replies, I`ll do my research later on tonight when i get home.

94GTStang
05-13-2005, 11:45 PM

I agree that its the work and not the products, but they would probally give me an answer like, oh its some stuff that i can only get etc... You know the BS answers that some people give to make them selves look better.

Well, like I tell my kids, what`s the worst they can tell you? No. You don`t know until you try. :D

Here`s a link to a Car Brite Shampoo.

http://www.carbrite.com/servlet/net.ebiz.velocity.ShowPagePublic?pg=static/D001H&lb=none