PDA

View Full Version : Is applying your LSP and removing it by PC worht it?

Pages : [1] 2

trueblueblood
05-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I know for speed applying your LSP by hand is much quicker and buffing it off is the same. So does applying your LSP by PC and say buffing it off with a bonnet on the PC make a difference.

The only thing I`m concerned about here is looks not saving product or anything.

Does it truly make a visual difference to you?

Thanks for the help:xyxthumbs

chevyguy28
05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Application with a PC on lower speeds helps give you a very consistent coat and works the product nicely into the paint. Depends on your car and the product being applied, but it can be worth it. Something for you to try.

However, I always buff off by hand. I don`t see any benefit to doing it by machine.

teamvegas
05-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I would say that not so much a visual difference but much more even than by hand. Definetly easier to remove than by hand.

JeffM
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Doing it by PC is a million times faster then by hand on my f-150.

To remove i get what i can with a bonnet, and then get the details with a MF and some crevice tools.

imported_DetailGirl
05-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

Application with a PC on lower speeds helps give you a very consistent coat and works the product nicely into the paint. Depends on your car and the product being applied, but it can be worth it. Something for you to try.

However, I always buff off by hand. I don`t see any benefit to doing it by machine. Exact same as me, I like to remove by hand, minus AIO :mad:

stevet
05-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I can apply and remove LSP`s faster by hand than by PC. I also use less product by hand. I noticed no difference in apperance either way.

spotpad
05-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Applying it by PC gives you a more even coat right? You should use less product as a result too, right?

chevyguy28
05-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by merci

Applying it by PC gives you a more even coat right? You should use less product as a result too, right?

Depending on how you apply it, it may be possible to use less product that actually makes it onto the paint. However, much of the product gets soaked into the pad, so you end up wasting that.

I have 4" spotbuff finishing pads which seem like a good compromise. I sometimes use them as my hand applicators too.

Accumulator
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
IMO it`s hard to generalize on this one, especially since people do things differently.

I just *love* to do anything I can by machine. I apply/remove paste waxes by machine. With waxes such as #16, no question about it, I believe I get a better look by machine. But when I want a *thin*, uniform coat of something like KSG, I apply it by hand. Note that I`m a fanatic about thin coats of KSG (e.g., *far* less than one ounce for a minivan).

I like buffing product off with the MF bonnets. I still do some by hand: either by-hand first (to get most of it off) with a machine-burnish after, or a machine-removal first with a by-hand pass after (to get anything the MF bonnet missed). Always seems like I need to use both methods to get the best results.

Scottwax
05-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I really like using the NXT paste via PC application and removal. I didn`t do a side by side comparison but it looked pretty darn good when I finished.

BTW, applied NXT with a blue Propel pad at a speed of 4.5, working it in slowly with 2-3 passes and removed with a Meguiars Ultimate Bonnet with the speed on 3.

atticdog
05-13-2005, 08:08 PM
I just applied 845 IW with a blue sonus pad speed 1 and it seemed to spread forever, very thin I dont even think i used half a cap full and i did half the car.

Way2SSlow
05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Liquids by PC and paste by hand for me. I always buff off by hand. I usually use Adams Yellow mf`s for removal.

trueblueblood
05-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Mixed opinion here :D ! I`m definetly gonna give removal by PC a shot! Thanks for the responses so far

J.J.
05-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Is it possible to apply #26 by PC? Someone mentioned they applied #16 that wasy, but how would you get #26 out of the can.

JJ

Eliot Ness
05-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by J.J.

Is it possible to apply #26 by PC? Someone mentioned they applied #16 that way, but how would you get #26 out of the can........

I use a small plastic putty knife, others have reported using plastic knives and even the PC wrench. Just scrape the surface and "butter up" your PC pad with a small amount of wax.