PDA

View Full Version : New PC, Polish-Cleaner and Zaino

fatchance
05-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I just bought a PC and getting ready to go the distance on a full detail. I was going to use Menzerna IP and FP then finish with Z2 Pro and Z8 x3. I`ve been reading about some issues with the Menzerna and now questioning my choice. What would be a good combo to use? I still need to buy pads and want to get everything at the same time.

My car is silver and it`s five month old. I already did the Zaino, dawn, clay, Z2 Pro and Z6 when I got it. It is a daily driver so it`s time to get it ready for spring and summer.

chevyguy28
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
What kind of issues with Menzerna? They seem to work fine to me.

fatchance
05-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I`ve read that it`s difficult to work with and not getting the results they want. But if there are no issue`s, I`ll place my order.

Mochamanz1
05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Menzerna makes a really fine range of products. They are world class in every respect. Menzerna makes some of the finest polishes I have ever used. I have never had any issue with them whatsoever. The price of FMJ is a good value also. The combo of IP, FP, and FMJ are astonishing. That being said, I think Zaino Z2Pro is better (than FMJ), more durable, more reflective, deeper. Certainly better looking IMHO. I am waiting for the zaino Paint cleanser/polish to be made available (after Z8 I am hooked !) ... it will be out shortly according to those in the know. I would hold off ordering until then if you are using Zaino products. Since the Z8 came out, I have been earnesly recomending using the Zaino system as a whole, it cooks !. On some cars I do the Menzerna System, but when I REALLY want to place people in a state of"shock and Awe", I use as much of the Z system ( ZFX, Z2Pro, Z6, Z7, Z8, and the various tire, trim and interior products) as I have at this point in time !:xyxthumbs

chevyguy28
05-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I use Z2Pro on my dark silver car and FMJ on my black car. IMO, FMJ provides a slightly more muted, but darker and more wet look than Zaino. I have yet to try Z8 on the black car, so that may be the difference maker. I think it`s a personal preference thing, but I`m glad I had both. Once FMJ wears off, I may switch to Zaino for comparison. Then I can always top with FMJ.

For my black car, I haven`t found many polishes that leave a surface as good as FPII. Trying PO85RD soon. It`s very easy to work with IMO. IP is no harder to work with than 3M FI-II. Leaves less micromarring in the most aggressive use, but is also has a touch less micromarring.

IP is very nice, but I could live without it if all I could use was the 3M equivalent. However, I found FPII both more enjoyable to use and better results than my other polishes. Then, if you want a little extra and are not using Zaino, FTG, or P21S GEPC are good products to go with.

- J

fatchance
05-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok, I`m going to order the Menzerna IP and FP with some pads. Any suggestion on where to go and get an Autopia discount?

chevyguy28
05-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Does CMA provide discounts?

I`m a big fan of www.sportscarcare.com. Good prices and much more fair shipping prices than the places that charge by price. Weight and size are more important IMO, especially if they are not insuring dollar value.

- J

imported_DetailGirl
05-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

No :mad: :rolleyes:

Intercooled
05-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I agree, Menzerna makes some nice products and I have used them with great success. IP is designed to use with a rotary but it works very well with PC. IP will possibly haze your finish but FPII takes it right out to nice high gloss. Just work progressively with IP.

Pak Shak carries Menzerna and will give a discount to Autopia Memebers. Thay carry lots of other products as well. Check out thier MF`s...........they are one of the best!!!:xyxthumbs

imported_Vrm Vrm
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

Pak Shak carries Menzerna and will give a discount to Autopia Memebers. Thay carry lots of other products as well. Check out thier MF`s...........they are one of the best!!!:xyxthumbs

Agreed, Ranney does a great job, but the shipping from Hawaii is a drag!!

imported_Vrm Vrm
05-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

HA HA HA HA!!!! ROFL!!! That`s a good one. :)

Intercooled
05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Vrm Vrm

Agreed, Ranney does a great job, but the shipping from Hawaii is a drag!!

I must say, I live in NH and recieve my stuff from them in less than a week. Thats pretty good to me.:nixweiss