PDA

View Full Version : Red Moose Machine Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

6speedZ
05-12-2005, 10:51 PM
For those of you that have used RMG I have a few quick question. First on dark colors, specifically black, what are your thoughts on the product? Has anyone used RMG before Blackfire or FMJ and if so what were the results? Lastly what is the best method to apply RMG, by hand or PC? Thanks!

Eliot Ness
05-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I recently used it on a red car. I found that it adds depth and slightly darkened the finish, adds a really nice look. Very easy to apply and remove, I used a PC and a blue Propel (light polish) pad to apply, and a MF to buff off by hand.

Others who have used it on black state the same qualities.... another nice product from ClearKote.

Scottwax
05-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I haven`t used it prior to topping with FMJ or Blackfire but since it is less oily than Vanilla Moose, those two should probably work very well over RMG.

Like John, I use a blue Propel pad. I set the speed on 5 and move the PC at a slow pace over the section I am working 2-3 times and it just kind of disappears into the paint. Once the pad is primed, it takes very little product to cover each section.

RMG on the bed of the truck, the door is untouched.

http://img260.echo.cx/img260/856/f150split1bn.jpg

Alfisti
05-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Great comparison shot, Scott. :up

The door doesn`t look as wet and reflective. Hmmm...

Richt
05-13-2005, 02:15 AM
I have used it on black by hand, when you work it is seems to disappears into the paint and leave not a lot to wipe off. Unlike VM which sits on the surface and comes off wet.

I have been using Clearkote Yellow Cream wax over the top to improve looks further and then sealing with EX or Wolfgang before topping.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/Clearkote%20Test/P4240010.jpg

VM, RMG and YCW

mystickid
05-13-2005, 08:00 AM
How is RMG in comparison to #81 in depth & looks? Thanx.

Richt
05-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Not done a direct side by side, my 81 has kind off been redundant since getting VM. I did compare RMG to #7 as I had a cars worth to use up left in a bottle, and both looked very alike. RMG is easier to use.

bluemoon
05-13-2005, 09:02 AM
That was a great comparison shot Scottwax. A picture is worth a thousand words. I read some descriptions that RMG has sleight cleaning properties. For those that have used it, I was wondering if it is a mild paint cleanser as well as polish (strong enuff to remove old wax), or is it just a glaze with no cleansing properties?

MarcBickham
05-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Which sealants have you guys had luck topping RMG with? If a glaze is used, does the durability/longevity of the sealant diminish?

Does a glaze fit into the AIO/SG process anywhere? Love their durability but not quite satisfied with swirl hiding abilities - I actually think they magnify swiring because they clean so well.

Thoughts/tips?

6speedZ
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Buckslayer after doing a search and looking on other forums people have been successful in using FMJ after RMG and it looks probable that BFII can be used after RMG.

My final question about RMG to those that have used it, is do you have to use VM before it? Will I be OK using RMG after FPII instead of VM or is it recommended that VM be used before RMG to really work?

JeffM
05-13-2005, 04:18 PM
One or the other if you are polishing. If you want to strip down your current LSP, then VM first, i would leave it at that too, but whatever.

hirosh
05-13-2005, 04:35 PM
i`ve used RMG with FMJ with success. i also tried 4* UPP over VM+RMG and it streaked. :nixweiss

as for VM before RMG, like JBM said, you can use VM to remove your current LSP. and in my short experience with RMG, using VM before it seems to make my paint a bit more wet looking. like when i did just RMG+FMJ, the wetness was kinda lacking. but when i did VM+RMG+FMJ, the wetness was very nice and the look i wanted. if you want a `dripping with salad oil` look, try VM+RMG+Trade Secret Wax (Natty`s probably would work too).

6speedZ
05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by hirosh

i`ve used RMG with FMJ with success. i also tried 4* UPP over VM+RMG and it streaked. :nixweiss

as for VM before RMG, like JBM said, you can use VM to remove your current LSP. and in my short experience with RMG, using VM before it seems to make my paint a bit more wet looking. like when i did just RMG+FMJ, the wetness was kinda lacking. but when i did VM+RMG+FMJ, the wetness was very nice and the look i wanted. if you want a `dripping with salad oil` look, try VM+RMG+Trade Secret Wax (Natty`s probably would work too).

I guess the real question that I am getting at is VM seems to be like FPII, so what is the difference other than VM contains wax? I was planning on removing my LSP with the FPII, because I already have it. Will there by that much difference in using VM instead of FPII before RGM? If so I would love to know so I can plan on adding VM to my buy list.

hirosh
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
sorry, i don`t have any experience with FPII, so i can`t make a good comparison between it and VM. if anything, it might just be in the looks department. :nixweiss

maybe someone else with experience with both FPII and VM can chime in? or maybe do a search?

good luck. :)

stevet
05-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 6speedZ

I guess the real question that I am getting at is VM seems to be like FPII, so what is the difference other than VM contains wax? I was planning on removing my LSP with the FPII, because I already have it. Will there by that much difference in using VM instead of FPII before RGM? If so I would love to know so I can plan on adding VM to my buy list.

FP II is nothing like VM. FP II is not a glaze. It has no fillers and leaves nothing behind as far as protection. VM is loaded with fillers and oils and leaves some wax protection. FP II is also more abrasive than VM.