PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaning Thread # 273

Jesstzn
05-12-2005, 10:11 PM
I`m not sure if this has been posted before and a search just brought up a bunch of useless info .. but here goes .

I have been followoing a lot of the window cleaning protocols posted here since I joined, up to and including the Stoners .. ( which is great ).

In the last couple years I have been using the Pakshak 24 x 36 WW towel to dry my car and have noticed since then my windows have been very clean .. and for the last year I have been experimenting to the point where I was cleaning the insides of my windows with nothing but a Meguiars Ultimate wipe dampened with water *immediatly* followed by the WW towel. Don`t let the moisture film left by the Ultimate towel dry .. in other words Ultimate in left hand .. WW in right hand .

I next moved on to my customers cars which aren`t as well kept as mine and they too came out clean and streak free. The only drawback is the size of the WW so I orderd the 16 x 24 from Ranny to be put into dedicated window drying service.

One of my customers is a smoker and after the winter the smoke scum still wasn`t an issue.

The Ultimate towel seems to cut the film loose and collect the majority of it and the WW picks up the rest and polishes it.

I hand wash the Ultimate in Dawn right after and hang to dry if I have done a smokers car .. otherwise its about 6 cars before I wash it .. the WW doesn`t get that soiled so is washed less frequent.

Anyone else use this method?

SK2003TypeS
05-13-2005, 09:18 AM
I don`t use those exact towels. Most of the time I`m using Stoners IG or EF Clear vision (both are great cleaners) with a couple of Ranny`s 16x16s. As far as using only water, it seems to work good if the glass is relativly clean. I don`t do the interior windows every wash :o , so I tend to use a window cleaner out of habbit.

You hit the nail on the head with the immediate drying pass when just using water. I`m kinda surprised that a smoker`s glass can be cleaned with just water. I guess the media is a factor.

teamvegas
05-13-2005, 10:06 AM
I have had luck with some smokers windows with just water, but some I could not even budge the film. I did a Matrix about a month ago that took two applications of Stoners and a final wipe with water followed by your method.

I have found that the water followed by WW works very well for non smokers and now I just use Stoners followed by wet MF with dry WW. Works great and no streaking unless the glass is really hot. Vegas glass gets pretty warm in the summer!

Jesstzn
05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Just thought of something ... our tobacco blends up here are different than in the US ... might be one of the reasons it comes off a little easier ..

teamvegas
05-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Good point. I would think that is a possibility. I have done quite a few cars now that I think of it that required a lot more than just water.

Jesstzn
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Ya this is my only smoking customer that smokes in his car ... and I quit 10 years ago.

teamvegas
05-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Haven`t tried it and never will. Lost 3 grandparents to lung cancer. Not for me!!

What did you think of the stoners compared to just water and a MF & WW?

Jesstzn
05-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by teamvegas

Haven`t tried it and never will. Lost 3 grandparents to lung cancer. Not for me!!

What did you think of the stoners compared to just water and a MF & WW?

Stoners to me was the best commercial *glass* cleaner I have tried be it for the car or the glass tables in the house ... but will streak if hot out but a lot less than the others.

I like to clean car windows in natural light to look for streaking ..

BTW I use distilled water on the damp towel .. its cheap .. - $1 a gal.

As for my preference I have gone to the MF/water/WW as I find it a lot faster and excellent results.

D.