PDA

View Full Version : Really cool spray triggers! (Mixor HP for OEMs)

Pages : [1] 2

maecrispy
05-12-2005, 09:45 PM
This is just my observations and I wanted share and see if others have noticed the same things I have or if I`m just crazy. :)

Anyway, lately I`ve noticed that I really like the spray triggers on some of the new products I`ve been receiving. Then I noticed that all the ones that I really liked are exactly the same trigger. They look like this:

Trigger on Poorboy`s Spray and Gloss:

http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-05-12%2019.09.47%20-0700/Image-DC76B9B2C35311D9.jpg

Trigger on newer EO 20/20

http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-05-12%2019.09.47%20-0700/Image-DC76E5DEC35311D9.jpg

What I like about these particular triggers:

1. Light pressure spraying - lots of times, when I lightly press on the trigger to get just a small amount of product, often a trigger will `dribble` or just spray air. These new triggers give a nice even spray even with very light pressure.

2. Priming - For a lot of spray triggers, the first few squeezes only give you air or a little bit of product. Happens even if you sit the bottle down for just a few seconds. These new triggers don`t seem to have this problem. Every squeeze gives a steady, even flow of product.

3. Trigger squeeze pressure - some triggers require very little pressure but don`t deliver much product. Others (notably those with screw type adjustors) require high pressures to produce a decent spray pattern and it seems like the spray pattern is too wide and `thin`. The new triggers seem to require just the right amount of pressure while still delivering a good amount of product.

4. Uneven spraying - older triggers sometimes produce a `snorting` sound when you squeeze the trigger rapidly. This is due to air in the mechanism and it often means uneven consecutive sprays. The new triggers don`t suffer from this problem. No snorting, just good full sprays every time.

So anyway, after digging around, I found that the triggers are the new `Mixor HP` triggers produced by Calmar for just about every industry that uses spray triggers.

Mixor HP Trigger - Calmar (http://www.calmar.com/library/factsheet_mixorhp_.pdf)

However, they only seem to sell to OEMs. I like these triggers so much that I`m almost willing to go out and buy EO 20/20 (and other products) just because of the trigger. Ok, maybe not but still... :p

So, does anybody know of any company that will sell these triggers to consumers? I`d like to get them with varying lengths to fit different size bottles.

Sorry if this post seems too long. I know it`s an anal topic. :o

Setec Astronomy
05-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I agree they are really nice...my bottle of S&W came without a sprayer for some reason (I thought at the time they just didn`t come with them)...been trying to figure how to get one of these new ones cuz my Zep sprayer from Home Despot has all the bad features you describe.

C. Charles Hahn
05-12-2005, 10:22 PM
This is going to sound crazy, but search the dollar stores; some of their `cheapie` sprayers are actually really great, you just have to swap the containment bottle with a chemically resistant type.

Eliot Ness
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM
My bottle of S&W that I ordered from a vendor (not directly from Poorboy`s) came with a different type of sprayer that I don`t care for. I have since received a sprayer (from Poorboy`s) like you describe but haven`t used it yet.

I had picked up some 2 ounce bottles with a "fine mist" sprayer that works really well for S&W and S&G, plus I like the small size:

http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=55542004355232%2D2491365453

I just ordered some more 2 and 4 ounce bottles a few days ago from Specialty Bottle and I`m hoping the sprayer is as good as the other ones I`m using:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=220

I know this doesn`t help you find the Calmar triggers, but I find those little "fine mist" sprayers to be perfect for what I use them for, plus I like using smaller bottles, especially if I`m going to a car show.

Nice write-up and great detective work locating the manufacturer of those sprayers!

maecrispy
05-13-2005, 09:52 AM
John, never considered using a fine mist sprayer for QD work. I`ll have to check it out (especially the ones at specialtybottle.... great price!)

Shiny Lil Detlr, not a bad suggestion. Maybe I`ll get lucky.

Funny thing is, *everybody* is starting to use these sprayers. I mean, household cleaning prodcuts, gardening sprays, etc... Might be just as easy to select stuff I`d normally by anyway and just pick the ones with the spray heads I want. :)

Spilchy
05-13-2005, 09:59 AM
The fine Mist sprayers are great for products like SG and Glanz Wax.

I get mine at the CVS or any drug store for pennies.

mtwedt
05-13-2005, 02:11 PM
I also use the fine spray mist bottles that can be obtained from the links John (aka Eliot Ness) posted. They`re great for keeping product available in a small go-to product box instead of hauling out the large bottles. Thus far, I have S&W, S&G, QD+(yes, it works, even though it is somewhat thick) water for spit waxing and VM. They work very well and really let you track how much product is being used, which I find helpful.

imported_gusbubba
05-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Another place to find decent fine mist spray bottles ranging from 4-8 ozs. is the paint section at a craft store.

imported_themightytimmah
05-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I bet you could get a bunch of em from Steve at Poorboys if you gave him a call. I think thye`re 1.50 apiece on the "accessories" page of the website, but I dont remember exactly.

maecrispy
05-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks themightytimmah. Never even though to check the PB site for that. I could have sworn that wasn`t there last week. Steve has a `Heavy Duty Adjustable Sprayer` ($1.25) and a `Heavy Duty Adjustable Chemical Resistant Sprayer` ($1.85) listed. I wonder if it`s the same ones that are shipped with S&G.

I`ll email Steve and post what I find.

Eliot Ness
05-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by maecrispy

.......Steve has a `Heavy Duty Adjustable Sprayer` ($1.25) and a `Heavy Duty Adjustable Chemical Resistant Sprayer` ($1.85) listed. I wonder if it`s the same ones that are shipped with S&G......

Those sprayers have the "screw type adjustors". I bought a couple of each a while back, but he might sell you some of the type you`re looking for.

maecrispy
05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I hope so. It has `NEW" listed next to each one so it may be the new ones he`s shipping his products with.

Setec Astronomy
05-13-2005, 10:54 PM

I hope so. It has `NEW" listed next to each one so it may be the new ones he`s shipping his products with.

Nope, it`s not...I thought I had to buy one cuz my S&W didn`t come with one....but ordered one of the ones you speak of and it`s not like the ones that are the subject of the thread.

C. Charles Hahn
05-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Might be just as easy to select stuff I`d normally by anyway and just pick the ones with the spray heads I want. :)

True. I just wish Sal Zaino would pick up on theese for Z6 and Z8; I sometimes feel like I`m wasting product if the spray pattern isnt dialed in just right, and for a product as expensive as Zaino it really is unacceptable to be practically throwing money away with each squeeze of the trigger. :doh

Mochamanz1
05-13-2005, 11:35 PM

This is just my observations and I wanted share and see if others have noticed the same things I have or if I`m just crazy. :)

Sorry if this post seems too long. I know it`s an anal topic. :o

Ok.Ok, where is the link??:nixweiss