PDA

View Full Version : Tire Cleaning Tip

Pages : [1] 2

CarsFreak
05-12-2005, 08:34 PM
I need some tips on cleaning all the old tire dressings off a tire besides buying a tire cleaner. Are there any products I could use that I would be able to find @ home?

I want to strip everything for a new fresh dressing.

JasonD
05-12-2005, 08:39 PM
If you don`t want to use a tire specific cleaner, all that`s left in the way of *household* products would be all purpose cleaners like Simple Green, 409, etc. With the availability of tire cleaners these days, I`d just recommend going to your local WalMart or AutoZone and picking up a decent tire cleaner and save the household stuff for the house.

My favorite tire cleaner is actually Westley`s Bleche White dilluted 50/50 with water and use a Viking stiff nylon tire scrub brush. It`s the one with the goofy looking handle and very short bristles. If you want even extra scrubbing power, you can use a metal wire (white wall) tire brush.

C. Charles Hahn
05-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Well obviously the best option is a tire cleaner, but I have used the foaming Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner in the past when I was in a pinch. Just scrub it in with a stiff nylon-brissled brush before rinsing. :xyxthumbs

C. Charles Hahn
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

My favorite tire cleaner is actually Westley`s Bleche White

I stopped reading right here. I wouldn`t use this stuff; it can cause cracking of the side-walls. Personally, I wouldn`t recommend it.

Thomas Dekany
05-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by CarsFreak

I need some tips on cleaning all the old tire dressings off a tire besides buying a tire cleaner. Are there any products I could use that I would be able to find @ home?

I want to strip everything for a new fresh dressing.

Watch the Adams video at - www.adamspolishes.com

White95Max
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM
I have to recommend you get some Mothers Tire and Rubber Cleaner. It`s safe on paint if you get it on the paint or wheels. It`s really a great product.

I don`t like using products that will just do the job. I prefer to use products that are made for that job.

C. Charles Hahn
05-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

I have to recommend you get some Mothers Tire and Rubber Cleaner. It`s safe on paint if you get it on the paint or wheels. It`s really a great product.

I don`t like using products that will just do the job. I prefer to use products that are made for that job.

Agreed, though I use what used to be EO A2Z (now All Wheel and Tire Cleaner) and hit the wheels and tires all at once.

Wasatch
05-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Tropi-Care has a new product that removes all silicone from your tires.

teamvegas
05-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Another vote for A2Z!! Great tire and wheel cleaner. Why do one when you can do both at the same time?!?!

Just get the product that is made for the job.

AlexRuiz
05-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by John Styrnol

Tropi-Care has a new product that removes all silicone from your tires.

Already available?? I am in for one!!

Edit: Any link? ;)

Alex

crobinso
05-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by CarsFreak

I want to strip everything for a new fresh dressing. You could always smear bacon grease on the tires and let a dog lick them clean... :D

Charles

teamvegas
05-13-2005, 11:32 AM
I like the idea crobinso!!

the other pc
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by crobinso

You could always smear bacon grease on the tires and let a dog lick them clean... :D Darn! My secret is out!

PC.

HCF
05-13-2005, 01:22 PM
A2Z here also

Wasatch
05-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by AlexRuiz

Already available?? I am in for one!!

Edit: Any link? ;)

Alex

Here`s a link to it, go down the page to TC-15P.

http://www.tropi-care.com/