PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose products for different cars

Rolla
05-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone! Long time detailer and lurker, just registered today. I have been reading a lot, searching and reading the articles and forum. I had a few Qs.

I plan to purchase a PC for my detailing needs and wanted to know what products to use based on the cars.

The main cars I will do is 2003 silver Corolla, 2004 Black G35, 2004 black Solara and my parents cars.

The Corolla BARELY has any swirls or scratches, just few few fine ones... The black cars show more however. I needed a list of what car wash soap(just ran out of Meguiars), polish/swirl remover, wax and sealant I would need?(Already have quick detailer, rim cleaner and claybar). Would you folks reccomend Klasse? And if possible reccomend products that are easy on the wallet ;)... Last product I was using was Zaino.

Also what should I get for quick polish/wax jobs without the PC or if there are products that will do both(machine and hand)

The reason I ask is since I will do light and darker colored cars, what will work best in your opinions!

TIA!

Rolla
05-12-2005, 03:19 PM
And yes I will be buying new MF towels from this site or pakshak along with the proper pads for the PC :)...

Rolla
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Ok I guess I will post the list I had so far.

Meguiar`s car wash(NXT or Gold Class)

SSR2 or 2.5?( I know it is an abrasive so wondering should I get?)

AIO

SG

and top off with some S100

What do you guys think? Will this combo be ok for dark and light cars? Thanks!

BTW I have Zaino Z2 and Z5 left as well if I can use that somewhere let me know!

holland_patrick
05-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I would say opimum is the polish you should use and Patrick sells it now I really like thier polish and it works with all pads So if you need a cutting polish you used a cutting pad If you need a finishing polish you use a finishing pad.. It works great...

after that you look fine with what you got maybe get some natty`s for the silver but s-100 looks good on black..

Rolla
05-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok thanks bro! Anyone else?