PDA

View Full Version : sun-friendly OTC cleaner wax?

raymond_ho2002
05-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I`m looking for a sun-friendly otc wax that needs to be bought last-minute for a friend`s carwash fundraiser. I was originally going to give him natty`s paste wax but then I had second thoughts about that, since the cars washed at such events usually require some kind of paint-cleaning. A paste-wax would be ideal since you get the most applications per ounce of product.

Anyone have experience with using mother`s or meg`s consumer cleaner paste wax in the sun? Would it still be difficult if it was wiped on/off immediately? Or should they just use natty`s for the sake of sun-friendliness while sacrificing surface prep? A seperate polish step is absolutely out of the question (cost, time, and lack of experience).

Thank you for all your suggestions!

Big Leegr
05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Either brand of carnauba cleaner wax is going to be tough to use in the sun.

I have used Mothers Reflections (Classic version) in the sun. Worked pretty good! Did section by section, so it didn`t bake on, but still it didn`t require much buffing to get it off.

I think Forrest had mentioned that the new Relections is sun-friendly too, but I don`t have experience with it.

imported_truzoom
05-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Cherry wet wax?

raymond_ho2002
05-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by truzoom

Cherry wet wax?

I wouldn`t know where to find that locally :( I need it by tomorrow afternoon (24 hours from now).

Thanks for the suggestion, bigleegr. I might just get reflections from what you said.

:wavey

imported_COBRyan
05-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Mothers Reflections worked great in thin coats.

Slackmeister
05-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Since these don`t sound like they are going to be Autopian level details, what about NuFinish? I don`t have any experience using it in the sun, but the website says that it will work. :nixweiss I`ve seen the paste version at Walgreens.

pin
05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
I have the liquid NuFinish. I bought it years ago, long long before I ever heard of Autopia. It`s easy to apply and remove, but it`s not a very notable product. It might be decent for a carwash fundraiser though.

Scottwax
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by COBRyan

Mothers Reflections worked great in thin coats.

Absolutely! :xyxthumbs

Another option is Duragloss, their polish/wax is also sun friendly but it isn`t as easy to find as Mother`s Reflections.

You can use NXT in the sun as well provided it isn`t too hot.

Big Leegr
05-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Slackmeister

Since these don`t sound like they are going to be Autopian level details, what about NuFinish? I don`t have any experience using it in the sun, but the website says that it will work. :nixweiss I`ve seen the paste version at Walgreens.

I`ve noticed that Nu-Finish isn`t all that nice to trim. As it sounds like there may be some people there that *may* not care to be too careful, Reflections would be a better choice, as I`ve even used it (on purpose) over trim, with no ill effects. (Actually helped hide some fade/residue for a bit. :D )

White95Max
05-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Since you live in CA, just buy some CMW from Excel. You should have it in one day right? That`s a cleaner wax, so it would work well for that application.

Pats300zx
05-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Another alternative is ColorX from Megs. Pretty easy to obtain at Wally World etc. I had good results with it. Basically wiped on/wiped off and didn`t let it bake on in the sun.