PDA

View Full Version : window settings

05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
can someone help me please! I somehow changed a setting on my computer and now I always have to scroll left and right when I come here. anyone have an idea of what to do to fix it?:nixweiss

D3mon
05-12-2005, 12:32 PM
You probably changed your screen resolution.

Right-click anywhere on the desktop and seelct `properties` from the menu that appears.

A windows should pop up with some tabs across the top. Select the `Settings` tab, and move the `Screen resolution` slider to `1024 by 768`. Click OK.

05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
that makes it so it won`t need to scroll, however all the fonts and icons are much smaller than before, it was a different setting I messed up but I don`t remember how I got there to begian with. thanks for helping .

imported_Intermezzo
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
If you`re using Internet Explorer for your browser, try going to Tools, Internet Options, click the Advanced Tab, and click the `Restore Defaults` button.

Then go to View, Text Size, and click Medium.

If that doesn`t work, download the FireFox browser. IE sucks big time.

05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

If you`re using Internet Explorer for your browser, try going to Tools, Internet Options, click the Advanced Tab, and click the `Restore Defaults` button.

Then go to View, Text Size, and click Medium.

If that doesn`t work, download the FireFox browser. IE sucks big time. well, no luck with that. I can tell you that it is worst when pics are involved so I think it had something to do with how pics are displayed not text. example autopia home pag I have to scroll, threads with pics require more scrolling. MOL homepage has no scrolling but the threads do. does that help with any ideas? please leave guns and dumpsters out of the equation .:D

imported_perry
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
I think it`s because the pages are just too wide for your display. People will post pictures that are too large for your screen and you`ll end up having to scroll across to see em. I guess you don`t have to scroll on this thread, but you do on most of em in Click N Brag, for example?

Maybe you have to scroll for this thread: http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55721

But not this one, because the pictures are smaller?

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55756

If you`re just viewing a picture, not a picture in a webpage, your browser may resize the picture so that it fits in the browser window.

05-13-2005, 05:44 AM
thanks guys!