PDA

View Full Version : Wiring my house for sound... little help...

blackntan
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Silly question... Dunno if it`s even possible...

I want to wire the whole house with speakers that are all linked to my iTunes database...

A few things I want:

controls in each room, including seperate playlist control, volume and power.

all linked to central database, all added music to appear on each. (ie, if I want RATM cranked in the basement while I work out, Amy should be able to listen to Ben Folds in the kitchen...)

I`d like to do this as stealth as possible. I don`t want a PC sitting in each room. (not to mention, having a PC in the back yard would be rather odd...)

I`d like to be able to set up each room differently (ie, surround sound in the living room, weatherproof speakers out back, loud speakers in garage...)

Any ideas? Is this possible?

Right now, i find myself burning cd after cd after cd, just to take it from the office to the livingroom...

The only equipment I currently have is one PC, one laptop, cable internet, wireless g router and card , and a dolby 5.1 setup in the livingroom...

I think i might be getting in over my head, but how sweet would that be... Oh, and I can run whatever needs to be run, and i`m not afraid of some physical labor...

thanks!

macfan
05-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Not sure if this is what you are looking to accomplish, but here is a link to the apple website

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71006/wo/iH2f0K6FfRNC21sxxBXKbS15WGm/1.0.11.1.0.6.12

This little piece allows you to send a signal from the main computer to play itunes music somewhere else in the house. I`m not sur if it allows you to play different playlists to different speakers.