PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - ultimate shine for car parked outside

2005GTPinMD
05-12-2005, 05:11 AM
Good Morning everybody. I consider myself a lurking autopia-phile that has finally taken the plunge. Anyhow, I love keeping my car and my g/fs car clean and shiny. To that extent I have a good stock of supplies including:

Zaino

Clay Bar

Stoner`s for Glass/Tires

Lexol for Leather

Now here is my question. My g/f as a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM - black with paint that could be in better shape. I have a 2005 greystone metallic Grand Prix GTP. My car being new has a coat of Zaino on it. Her car a simple coat of Mother`s cleaner wax. Comparing the cars, I prefer actually the shine from hers.

I was thinking of trying something different. While I like Zaino, my products are getting to be old and they need to be replaced. I was thinking of getting Klasse AOI, Klasse SG and a nice carnuba wax on top. I would be using that on both my car and her car.

I am also looking for something that has longevity - which I guess Zaino has.

So should I take the plunge and switch. I do want to get AIO for its cleaning properties.

White95Max
05-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Yes get some AIO, SG, and a good carnauba. S100/P21S is a common choice.

ProStreetCamaro
05-12-2005, 06:55 AM
AHHHHHHH a fellow Rockville marylander!!!! If I were you I would stick with the zaino and top it with S100 that you can get from the harley dealer in gaithersburg in the airpark :xyxthumbs