PDA

View Full Version : Today`s unfinished detail + another...

Pages : [1] 2

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Client puchased the BMW for her Mom.

Full detail - started on the interior by vacuming it first, then wiped everything down with Castrol apc diluted 3:1 or so. The previous owner tried to make the interior presentable but missed lots of spots with his AA. Protected everything with NL. The interior was in good condition overall.

exterior.

Washed the wheels/tires first. Washed the car with nxt. Clayed it.

The paint (for a white car) was the worst I have ever looked at. Swirls are covering every inch of the car and are very deep. Nothing worked except The edge 2000 yellow (medium cut) with ssr3 at 2700rpm! Even then it took many passes and wasn`t completely swirk free. (Yellow LC pads on the pc & ssr3 reduced them just a bit) So I stopped trying. I am waiting for an order from Autogeek. Ordered some backing plates and LC yellow cutting pads. Have orange already. I`ll go back once I receive the shipment. I`ll take befores for sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2005/tn_122_2230.jpg

He then asked me if I would detail his wife`s 4Runner instead.

vacume

Castrol apc to clean

NL to protect. (I`ll order the 5 gallon jug next time. What an awesome product!)

wash - NXT

Clay

pwc/pc/5/LC white pads

#16 by hand

NXT interior shine on plastic trim

STP tire foam

Didn`t take befores and didn`t bother to take after interior pics. The interior mostly needed lots of vacuming and a bit of spot cleaning.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2005/tn_122_2226.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2005/tn_122_2227.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2005/tn_122_2228.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/2005/tn_122_2229.jpg

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I forgot to add that I used ssr2.5 with an orange LC pad to remove scretches first. This paint is the exact opposite of the bmw`s. So easy to remove deep scretches from this gold paint wit a pc that it was funny. It was like I was cleaning dirt off of it.:D

holland_patrick
05-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Man it`s tough to know you been beat my paint.. but at least you have someone who understands good work and can relate to you needing to come back..

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Patrick - Not having a backing plate for my LC pads and the Yellow Edge pad, I wasn`t too disapointed. What is funny is that his mom would be questioning why there are swirls on the car according to him.

ZaneO
05-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Great job.

Most people call them scratches. :)

Hemi57
05-11-2005, 09:09 PM
tdekany, can you enlighten me as to what "NL" is please.

We have a limited range of products available here in OZ and I haven`t come across the abbreviation "NL" before.

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Natural look by Poorboys.

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

Great job.

Most people call them scratches. :)

Can I get a break please?

Yesterday I left home at 8:50 am and got home at 11:30pm. I work alot. Scratches it is.

BTW, I never see you calling on people who type "to" as in too much. :D? And it happens too often by English speaking people. I am not one of them. :(

ZaneO
05-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry, I was just playing with you. You repeatedly misspell the word, and I thought it might help if I pointed it out and put a smilie with it.

I was wrong...my bad.

Hemi57
05-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by tdekany

Natural look by Poorboys.

fdekany, thanks for that information. From other posts I have read the whole Poorboys range of product appears to be "top Shelf".

Am I right in understanding that it is only available via mail order?

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Hemi57

fdekany, thanks for that information. From other posts I have read the whole Poorboys range of product appears to be "top Shelf".

Am I right in understanding that it is only available via mail order?

I`d assume so, but I`d say that if the offer was right, Steve would hand deliver it to you. :D

zainoshine
05-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Now that we`re on the subject, vacuum is v-a-c-u-u-m, not vacume :D

Great job on the 4Runner. Too bad about the 7, a nice car to be treated like that by the first owners...maybe the yellow pad`ll do it.

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

Sorry, I was just playing with you. You repeatedly misspell the word, and I thought it might help if I pointed it out and put a smilie with it.

I was wrong...my bad.

Zane, I forgot the smilie too. I appreciate you looking out for me.

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by pigeonbus

Now that we`re on the subject, vacuum is v-a-c-u-u-m, not vacume :D

I`ll just use sign language from now on. :D

Hemi57
05-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by tdekany

I`d assume so, but I`d say that if the offer was right, Steve would hand deliver it to you. :D

:eek: I am not sure I could run to the airfare and I bet he would not want to travel "cattle class" either.:rolleyes: