PDA

View Full Version : Hazing after both ssr`s

Tundra_Jim
05-11-2005, 07:08 PM
What am I doing wrong? I used SSR 2.5 on an orange lc pad, then went to SSR 1 on a white LC pad...

after going over it with the ssr 1 twice I still had some hazing left on the hood. What am I dong wrong? the second time I tried using less product, more product, the same... never could get rid of the haze...

I finally pulled out the 3m one stage cleaner wax and worked it HARD by hand, and that is starting to lift the haze a little, but nowhere near as glossy as the paint is where I haven`t touched it with the ssr`s....

HELP

ZaneO
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
It sounds to me like you didn`t work 2.5 long enough for it to fully break down...that kind of marring can be hard to remove with a lighter polish.

You might try going back over it with SSR 2.5 with a polishing pad and work it until it is *almost* dry/dusting.

Tundra_Jim
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
will it start to come off of the paint a little when it gets to that point? like start getting rubbed off in areas?

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Maybe moved too slow? What kind of vehicle? Is it black?

Tundra_Jim
05-11-2005, 10:15 PM
No, its my white tundra. Only reason I could see the hazing is because I was working under halogen shop lights.

I got it out. It was like ZaneO said, I didn`t work the 2.5 long enough. I went back with the 2.5 for a long time, then went to the ssr1

topped those with Meguiars deep crystal polish (step 2) then a coat of VM then finished with NXT

might be overkill, but I`ll be damned if that hood isn`t shinier than its ever been...

now for the rest of the truck. tomorrow.