PDA

View Full Version : Initial Purchase, Missing anything?

thevidon
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I just picked up a 7336 along w/ the following:

Menzerna Power Gloss (I am gonna have to deal w/ some real nasty paint jobs)

Optimum Polish

Poorboys PP

Poorboys EX-P

Excel Pads:

5" backing plate

1 grey

2 blue

2 green

1 orange

PC wise will i need anything else other than QD spray or alchohol/water mix?

I also have:

Clay Bar

NXT

FX spray wax

Mother scratch removal

Back to black

Tire Dressing

Acid Wheel Cleaner

Bug and Tar remover

Interior Dressing and brushes

various wheel/rim brushes

tons of MF

tons of terry cloths

absorber for drying

Missing anything?

Also how flexible is this optimum polish really? I bought it go go between the power gloss and the PP.....any experience here? Also i searched but cant really tell whether its better to do NXT over EX-P or ther other way around. Does EX-P have cleaners?

SkeptiKal
05-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Do you have any metal polish or anything for exhuast tips?

A lot of people that I detail cars for, seems to like the shiney exhuast tips and dressed up tires.

Anthony O.
05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by thevidon

flexible is this optimum polish really? I bought it go go between the power gloss and the PP.....any experience here?

From my experience, working with a rotary, you may not need IP at all and PG for only the most severe cases.

As soon as the Optimum compound comes out it just may take the place of the PG.:nixweiss

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Glossmaster
05-11-2005, 02:34 AM
I suggest some Klasse All In One

thevidon
05-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

From my experience, working with a rotary, you may not need IP at all and PG for only the most severe cases.

As soon as the Optimum compound comes out it just may take the place of the PG.:nixweiss

Hope that helps,

Anthony

IP? is that short for one of these products? If so which one.......

RedWings
05-11-2005, 09:16 AM
IP = Menzerna Intensive Polish

You can find the Autopia acronym list here: http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=acronyms.htm

thevidon
05-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Thats what I thought, but his comment made it sound like it was a product I had listed. I have optimum polish, and poorboys pro polish - neither of which is IP :up

Anthony O.
05-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by thevidon

Thats what I thought, but his comment made it sound like it was a product I had listed. I have optimum polish, and poorboys pro polish - neither of which is IP :up

My bad.....I just flashed over the post and saw the "p" and thought it meant intensive polish.

Anthony

imported_Denzil
05-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I don`t see a Propel yellow pad. You could also use some waffle weaves for drying. :up