PDA

View Full Version : Is it a sickness??

Pages : [1] 2

thestingrayboys
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I brought a new bicycle home for my son today. As I walked in the door of my house, the first thing I did was grab a tub of Gold Class paste wax and a bottle of Endurance tire gel. I proceeded to shine up new bike! I even used a tiny amount on a rag to brighten up the black plastic pieces and the seat. When I was finished, the bike looked great, but my family thought I was crazy! My son was appreciative, though (lol). Is this the sign of a crazed detailer gone wild, or a sane (relative) Autopian?? The wife thinks I need help. Any suggestions, cures, or remedies? :o :nixweiss

imported_DetailGirl
05-10-2005, 10:31 PM
It is indeed a sickness, just make sure that you have deep pockets

imported_themightytimmah
05-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I know how it is. A coupla weeks ago, my neighbors saw me doing my lawnmower with AIO and PB trim restore. Its been a little awkward between us ever since. The way I see it, its worth a little harassment to mow in syle ;) .

Tasty
05-10-2005, 10:33 PM
I actually considered waxing my lawn mower the other night, and then I stepped back and said, "Whoa, this is getting out of hand."

Mochamanz1
05-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

It is indeed a sickness, just make sure that you have deep pockets

Tell me about it ! I read about Liqui-caly today and my bug kicked in ,so I ordered some to try on a problem car... Not even my car. Is that sick?:nixweiss

I dont even know the product.... will do anything !

J.J.
05-10-2005, 10:45 PM
When you spend close to $600 to begin a new hobby and spend countless hrs. here on Autopia trying to perfect your skills, Yeah, I`d say its a sickness. But, at least I`m not drunk, drugged, or jailed.

JJ

imported_truzoom
05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Endurance on bike tires sounds like disaster in the rain!

thestingrayboys
05-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Its good to hear I`m not alone! Lawn mower, you say... hmmm, I have to buy a new one anyway. I wonder if I should put that Zaino order in first!? And then, this winter... the Snow blower!! (can`t say that in So.Cal, eh!?). Then what?? Oh, I know, the fridge is looking a bit dull. Good thing I dont have OCD!;) :lol

Tanat198
05-11-2005, 01:00 AM
It is indeed a sickness that spreading among the enthusiasts and Autopians. :D

Glossmaster
05-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Yes, it is a sickness............The other night, I waxed my stove, frige & dishwasher!!

Way2SSlow
05-11-2005, 07:41 AM
I always keep a good coat of wax on my guitars. Yes, I have used botique products on them too. :D

imported_Gears
05-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Yes I think it is, and I got it bad!

Black Powder Coat Mailbox with Z2 Pro x 2 topped with Meg#16.

200 Amp breaker box in garage...Meg# 26

sQuashed
05-11-2005, 08:46 AM
You all are SICK !!!

You should see my washing machine !!:shocked

Mr Clean
05-11-2005, 09:38 AM
I am guilty of this as well. I detail my lawn mower, my quad and my golf clubs. I think part of it is just the fact that it makes everthing look really nice and helps the resale of things.

crobinso
05-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by thestingrayboys

the first thing I did was grab a tub of Gold Class paste wax and a bottle of Endurance tire gel. I proceeded to shine up new bike! Is this the sign of a crazed detailer gone wildNah, you are teaching your son the PROPER way to keep his wheels CLEAN!!!! :xyxthumbs

Charles