05-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Product:

Meguiar`s NXT Glass Cleaner

http://meguiars.com/whatsnew/images/product_G-133.gif

Price & Price Per Ounce:

$4.99

$.21/ounce

Manufacturer Claims:

Specially formulated to deliver the best clarity against the toughest dirt and grime, NXT GenerationΓƒΆΓΆβ‚¬ΕΎΓ‚Ά Glass Cleaner comes backed with a streak-free finish guarantee or your money back. Our ESP advanced technology delivers streak-free no-haze perfect clarity and superior cleaning against smoke film, bugs, tree sap, grime and contaminants. Safe for all tinted windows, ammonia free.

Packaging:

A well put together package thats ergonomically fit. It has a very fine mist sprayer that leaves a neat and controlled spray pattern.

Color/Scent/Viscosity:

A clear watery liquid with a fresh scent.

How I used (as per instructions):

Spray on, wipe away with MF, flip MF to remove any remaining streaks.

Overall Thoughts:

I used both with a Meguiar`s Glass Towel and a Poorboy`s General Purpose Towel. No matter what, this product far exceeded my expectations. I thought I had a nice glass cleaner until I tried this. I did a never cleaned in 8 months slider door (in and out) in my appartment. The amount of grime turned the towel a dark black but the glass was streak free. If you buy one product from the NXT line, this is it. I really can`t rave enough about this STREAK FREE product.

Other Notes:

Using the product reguarly seems to leave a light protective barrier on the surface. The MF glides over much easier and the glass stays cleaner. Once again, BUY THIS PRODUCT :D.

Purchasing:

www.meguiars.com

I am a member of the Meguiar`s Product Testing Team, but this review was purely objective in many ways and the feelings are true.

Bill D
05-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I was quite impressed. I only had very minor hazing to deal with but you know me and my inspection lights :o. Upon inspection with both the halogens and the 300 watt incandescent, I confirmed the cleaner did quite a remarkable job on the glass. :up

holland_patrick
05-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I got it today It solved my HATE of cleaning glass.

stilez
05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Its truly amazing. I`m sorry if I sound like a broken record, but it really needs to be tried to be believed.

I think it will solve all of our glass cleaning woes.

Oh yeah, I`d say its a 8 out of 10 for cleaning ability.

Bill D
05-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I would like to transfer some to a 2 ounce tiny pump spray bottle and try it in conjunction with my Glass Wizard. The misting of that little bottle which comes with it even seems to make simple IPA:water perform well.

WrxRob513
05-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Next on my list to purchase due to your review! thanks!

SpoiledMan
05-10-2005, 10:05 PM
I have to add that this IS truly the best glass cleaner that I have used to date. I wish it was available in a gallon size but with the little product that is needed to obtain the outstanding results it will last a long time. In case you can`t tell, you need to buy this product.:)

dawiyo
05-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Jeez Sean. Three different sites (here, megs board, Team teg), same reviews. Its all good though. I need to try this stuuf. Thanks for the review man.

stilez
05-10-2005, 10:20 PM
dawiyo: :lol , I`m just trying to spread the word on my feelings after trying out these products.

dawiyo
05-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Its all good man. Keep it up. How many TI guys are on here?

BTW: 96acuraintegra on Team Integra

imported_Sullybob
05-10-2005, 10:27 PM
For those of you that have tried Stoner`s IG how would you compare it to NXT glass cleaner? I have 5 cans of IG to use up and I am looking for a cheaper alternative.

stilez
05-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I`ve used Stoner`s IG, Rain-X Glass Cleaner, Eagle 1 20-20, Gliptone Glass Cleaner, Gliptone Industrial Glass Cleaner.

This one supercedes them all with the Gliptone Industrial in 2nd.

imported_Sullybob
05-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the fast reply.

By the way. I saw your cars picture in the CMA news letter that I got today. Congratulations.

Scimmia
05-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Other Notes:

Using the product reguarly seems to leave a light protective barrier on the surface. The MF glides over much easier and the glass stays cleaner. Once again, BUY THIS PRODUCT :D.

I`m a big fan of Rain-X, I wonder if this "light protective barrier" will cause a problem.

stilez
05-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Scimmia - I doubt it. Rain-X bonds really well onto glass and I doubt this will remove it. It should only improve how Rain-X works.

Sullybob: Thanks :).