PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scottwax
05-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Wow! Just wow! :bow

The more I use it, the more I like it. Meguiars Interior QD is meant for maintenance interior protection and cleaning but it also works great as a protectant after deep cleaning. A big plus is you can use it on leather, a bigger plus is after it is dry, there is pretty much no shine at all, just a brand new look to the vinyl and leather. Great clean scent too.

Doesn`t really do any good to post pics since there isn`t a shine to it that I can see. Just new looking vinyl and leather. :up

teamvegas
05-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Have you tried NXT tech protect? I was going to pick up a bottle but now I might get this instead.

Scottwax
05-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by teamvegas

Have you tried NXT tech protect? I was going to pick up a bottle but now I might get this instead.

Too shiny for my tastes. Some of my customers like the extra `bling` and it is pretty durable. You probably won`t like it if you prefer the natural look. Guess that is why Meguiars makes so many dressings. :nixweiss

imported_hadboosttroy
05-10-2005, 01:10 AM
i too have been super impressed with this interior quick detailer. i read some reviews on mol so i bought some, and it is pretty sweet. it is nice, NO shine, and works great on leather.

MelHal74
05-10-2005, 01:20 AM
I use nxt protectant on my car, I like the shine it gives.. but its a bit too greasy at times.. I think I`ll pick up the interior detailers for customer cars that I do just to dust off the dash and clean it up a bit in case they don`t want shined up like nxt does.

SDLexus
05-10-2005, 02:16 AM
So would you say it has a matte finish?

imported_hadboosttroy
05-10-2005, 02:19 AM
yes definetly.

RuffRyder
05-10-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by SDLexus

The Meg`s or the NXT?

SDLexus
05-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by RuffRyder

The Meg`s or the NXT?

They`re both by Meg`s but I was referring to the Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer.

I like the NXT Tech Wax and glass cleaner but I`ve found that the protectant and tire shine are way too shiny for my tastes.

I use 303 and like the finish. How would the appearance of Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer compare to 303?

SpoiledMan
05-10-2005, 02:53 AM
It`s basically a product that is much like a quick detailer on the exterior of your car in the sense that it reveals what is already on the surface. If your interior is dressed with whatever dressing IQD will remove the contaminates from that dressing to reveal what it looked like when you applied it. If there is no dressing on your interior is leaves it looking clean and a little UV protection.

Scottwax
05-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by SDLexus

It really doesn`t leave any look behind other than new. Like SpoiledMan said, if you already have something on the vinyl or leather, it won`t add to it and if the interior is freshly cleaned, that is the way it looks after using the interior QD.

Beason
05-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Explain to me more about the leather properties? Is it a cleaner or conditioner? Or just something to spray on and wipe off for a quick clean up.

teamvegas
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Beason: Just a spray on and wipe off. It would probobly clean light stains, but it has a UV pretectant in it.

Blackmirror
05-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Just picked IQD today and I gotta say its real easy to use and no shine. As if I didn`t apply anything.

So if I apply 303 to the dash then use IQD it won`t remove the 303? Would you use this product as your main protectant or apply a different product(like 303) first and use IQD for maintenance?

J.J.
05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Beason

Explain to me more about the leather properties? Is it a cleaner or conditioner? Or just something to spray on and wipe off for a quick clean up.

I`ll second that question. And, if it is just a cleaner, why not just use the Woolite mixture (that`s what I`ve been using as a cleaner for my leather)

JJ