PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Dealership employment advice

Labster
12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
I`m thinking about going to the luxury/exotic car dealership that`s in the area and asking them if they`re looking to hire any detailers. Any suggestions on how I should go about this? I was thinking about taking in a portfolio of pics but I don`t know. I would like to get a job over the winter detailing so that I could keep up on my skills and possibly find some clientel for the spring. Any advice would be great.

Beemerboy
12-16-2004, 10:50 AM
They are going to be concerned with liability on those cars is my guess to start. However I would just go in with your portfolio and talk to the manager about what you have in mind and see what he has to say. Offer some references should he ask or a free detail to see the level of your work. As long as you are honest and professional you should do alright

Luv-N-It
12-16-2004, 10:55 AM
I agree. I`m sure they will want to know your bonding capacity.

norahcrv
12-16-2004, 10:55 AM
:yeah (to what Beemberboy said) and good luck in your quest!!
Keep us posted!!

Bonding capacity??????

Luv-N-It
12-16-2004, 10:59 AM
If he is detailing, for example, 70,000-100,000 each car x 2 a day or 4 a week until they sign off and except work, he needs to make sure his liability can cover that much. Hence liability capacity/bonding.

Luv-N-It
12-16-2004, 11:04 AM
I would not even consider going this route until I had some insurance. Not that you are not good at what you do, but insurance is what it is, insurance. Especially this stuff, its cheap too. Depending on where you live, you can get $300,000 liability coverage for $600-800 a year, again, depending where you live and what it is you are doing dictates your liability.