PDA

View Full Version : Cant wait to detail a van :S

GregCavi
12-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone

Well i was asked today by one of my teachers if i could detail his van. I then asked exactly what he had in mind.. as i always do.. he said well my boy ralfed on the interior.. he said that he treid to clean it out.. I dont know what with. Probably a wet rag. So is it feasibly possible for me to remove the stain and more importantly the smell from the carpets? I have never done it.

What supplies would i use? (i dont wanna go and buy an extractor or Greenmachine)
SHould i charge by the job or the hour?
If it is not possible i will tell him i cannot make it better.

thanks in advance for all you help

Greg

Hawaiianelement
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
I would hit it w/ a good APC and a heavy scrub brush . Keep in mind that the vomit might have stained the carpet already or something that he might have used previously. After the first scrubbing blot it w/ a rag and then use the rag around the scrubber and go over the area .

Since you don`t have an extractor or something similiar I would charge by the hour .

Labster
12-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Been there, done that! I would charge by the hour but make sure that you let them know what kind of price they`re looking at. I had an Expedition where someone vomited on the back of the 2nd row of seating and on the floor. The owner cleaned up the major stuff and then gave me a call the next day and I had to get out the smell. GET READY!!! It was putrid. Hazard pay should be an option in the contract somewhere. Anyway, I used 303 with a nylon brush and then woolite mix and then went over it with my shop vac and no problems.

GregCavi
12-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Been there, done that! I would charge by the hour but make sure that you let them know what kind of price they`re looking at. I had an Expedition where someone vomited on the back of the 2nd row of seating and on the floor. The owner cleaned up the major stuff and then gave me a call the next day and I had to get out the smell. GET READY!!! It was putrid. Hazard pay should be an option in the contract somewhere. Anyway, I used 303 with a nylon brush and then woolite mix and then went over it with my shop vac and no problems.

Hello

Labster,

Would it be easier for me and my stomach to turn down this detail?
I have HT All purpose cleaner.. if i had to special order some stuff it would take a week. Would it be to late to clean it?

Thanks

Greg

shotime
12-15-2004, 07:21 PM
You have to have some type of antibacterial agent, otherwise, the bacteria won`t be killed.
Here`s what I would use-

-Rubber gloves, the ones that cover your forearms
-Respirator
-Lysol, the liquid type
-Some type of APC, I`d use Resolve in this case
-Scent, I`d use this in this case- http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozdoubleo.html

Good luck! :hurl :hurl :hurl

Labster
12-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Hello

Labster,

Would it be easier for me and my stomach to turn down this detail?
I have HT All purpose cleaner.. if i had to special order some stuff it would take a week. Would it be to late to clean it?

Thanks

Greg

I could go out to the store and get some woolite heavy traffic laundry detergent or Oxi clean and then go at it. You can always learn things! Read GSRStylz carpet cleaning routine and then go at it. Let the owner know in advance that you may or may not be able to completely clean it but you`ll give it your best shot. As for odor, get some febreeze for after and spray it around on the fabric when you`re done.

Labster
12-15-2004, 07:23 PM
You have to have some type of antibacterial agent, otherwise, the bacteria won`t be killed.
Here`s what I would use-

-Rubber gloves, the ones that cover your forearms
-Respirator
-Lysol, the liquid type
-Some type of APC, I`d use Resolve in this case
-Scent, I`d use this in this case- http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozdoubleo.html

Good luck! :hurl :hurl :hurl
I forgot about rubber gloves :doh very important!