PDA

View Full Version : Good driving record in Texas means...

Scottwax
05-08-2005, 11:14 PM
...I can renew my driver`s license on line! :woot:

Same picture that was taken when I last renewed in 2000 but who cares? No lines to stand in!

J.J.
05-09-2005, 06:06 AM
It`s the small things in life..... Indeed, the small things!

JJ

jasonmac
05-09-2005, 06:13 AM
MA`s had this for a while, along with registration -- it`s great.

Spilchy
05-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Scott, with all the roller blading, is it the same guy in the photo??!!

In Jersey, I haven`t been to the DMV for a license since 1996. They mail new licenses. You don`t need a picture. They mail registrations too.

However, after 911, I believe the law has changed and when I need to renew my license, I`ll have to go get the picture.

The DMV and State Inspection centers have improved dramatically here. You can make online apoinments to get your car inspected. When I was a kid, I would DREAD going with my Dad to get the car inspected because we would have to wait on a 2 hour line, inching forward every 3 minutes or so.

Well, I got my car inspected last week...11 minutes! I timed it. I had my apointment, went to the front of the line and zipped through. :up

JaCkaL829
05-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Seth if your going for a photo license make sure you have like 4-5 different forms of prove. I know my one friend got it renewed and he was OK, but he said quite a few people got turned down because they didn`t have enough points of identification. They really bumped up security after 9/11.

btw if you go sometime in the middle of the month you shouldn`t have that long of a wait in the inspection lines. I once went the end of the month and waited about 2 hours...for a rejection :mad:

Spilchy
05-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the heads-up :up

I got my car inspected 2 days before it expired and had zero wait with an apointment. My Dad was like, don`t you think you should get your car inspected! I had no idea it was due :shocked

topnotchtouch
05-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Nice thing about living in a state without inspections. I can not only renew my driver`s license online but, also my registration. I can`t recall the last time I have actually visited the DMV.

1 Clean WS6
05-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Georgia is the same way...you can renew online or through the mail. I have the same picture on my license from `99 when I moved here.

TW85 HHI
05-09-2005, 06:09 PM
South Carolina took a huge step by allowing duplicate licenses to be issued online for address changes. Registration is automatically renewed when property taxes are paid (well, most of the time). Not sure if they allow online license renewal.