PDA

View Full Version : repaint and now tree sap.....

vman
05-08-2005, 09:13 PM
I just had my hood repainted do to vandalism. I just got the car back Friday and I was wondering (your opinion(s))how long until I can wash and polish then wax my car. Also, I parked the car under a tree last night and there are randow sap drops all over my car and I was wondering if a good polish is all that is needed to remove them. I am just worried that since I can`t wash my car for another couple weeks (what the body shop said) should I be worried about the sap? I just bought a PC 7336 and some Megs 2.0 Swirl remover and some Megs quick detialer, all I need are the pads. Thank everyone!

wannafbody
05-09-2005, 09:49 AM
wash the sap off ASAP and if its still there gently clay bar it-Finish Kare claims their 2180 sealant is safe to use on new paint

the other pc
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
You can wash and clay immediately (especially if you use paint shop safe products like Meg`s 00 wash and #34 QD). Save the wax/sealant for 30 to 90 days (unless you really trust that it`s safe for a new finish, I wouldn`t).

Again, polishing is fine if you use a paint shop safe polish. I assume you mean that you have Meg`s #9 Swirl Remover (version 2.0). It`s paint shop safe so feel free top have at it.

PC.